Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >
  • Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

• Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-15-2012, 04:22 PM

Checked the tracking on my s pals box, said delivered Monday @3:59pm.
    Haven't heard anything yet, Hope she liked it.
    Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    I'm beginning to get a complex. I still haven't received my January SP package. I have sent pms to 2 super members and haven't gotten replies back. I feel like I'm being shunned and I don't know what I did:-(
    oh my, you are still waiting on january swap package? so sorry. you have done nothing. the board has been a bit wacky the last coupla of days so dont sweat that. i sent a coupla of pm's and havent gotten replies either. so i am not sure what is going on but i am not feeling shunned, just delayed responses is all. hang in there.
    Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Well Secret Pal i got your package off this afternoon. I hobbled my way down my long hallway 93 steps on a bad day and out to the car and into thepost office just for you! My back is out again and am a big ol baby! It really hurts! But you are worth it!
    so sorry to hear that lori. i remember when my back went awry several months ago, i was in excrutiating pain and could barely walk. i have never had back problems but it felt like a slipped or bulging disc. but all has rectified itself and i still have the remnants of the three powerful painkillers i was given in my cabinet. here's praying for a speedy recovery.

oh btw, did you get my pm?
    Old 02-15-2012, 06:22 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Well Secret Pal i got your package off this afternoon. I hobbled my way down my long hallway 93 steps on a bad day and out to the car and into thepost office just for you! My back is out again and am a big ol baby! It really hurts! But you are worth it!
    Oh no everyone look out if she gets on those muscle relaxers and pain pills. LOL Hope you feel better soon Lori. Last time I was down with you. Sorry but not this time. Rest as much as you can. Mary
    Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM

[TABLE="width: 958"]
    [TR="class: shaded, bgcolor: #FFFEEC"]
    [TD="class: service"]Priority Mail[SUP]®[/SUP]

[/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Delivered

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 08, 2012, 2:36 pm

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]PAHRUMP, NV 89060

[/TD]
    [TD="class: features"]Expected Delivery By:
    February 8, 2012

Delivery Confirmation[SUP]™[/SUP]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: details single-details, bgcolor: #FFFEEC"]
    [TD="class: select"]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: label"]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: service"]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Sorting Complete

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 08, 2012, 10:34 am

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]PAHRUMP, NV 89041

[/TD]
    [TD="class: features"]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Arrival at Post Office

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 08, 2012, 7:38 am

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]PAHRUMP, NV 89041

[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Depart USPS Sort Facility

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 08, 2012

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]LAS VEGAS, NV 89199

[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Processed through USPS Sort Facility

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 07, 2012, 11:26 pm

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]LAS VEGAS, NV 89199

[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Depart USPS Sort Facility

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 06, 2012

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]PENSACOLA, FL 32522

[/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: status"]Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

[/TD]
    [TD="class: date-time"]February 06, 2012, 8:06 pm

[/TD]
    [TD="class: location"]PENSACOLA, FL 32522

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Hi Pal,

I checked to see if you got your package since I haven't heard from you yet. Hope you liked everything.
    I had a good time getting your box ready for you.
    Faye
    Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 PM

Lori I hope you feel better soon.
    Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Hope Lori and anyone else with aches, pains and infirmary problems will be able to get a good nights sleep and feel some relief. Many years ago I had injured my back from over stretching it, not a disk problem, and it was the worst pain, I have been able to avoid it for quite a long time now-knocking wood that I can continue to avoid it. IMHO it was worse than labor with any of my kids.

Package is getting closer to my sp. It's bumping around on the eastern side of the US. Could be delivered tomorrow.
    Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM

Hope you feel better soon Lori.
    gzuslivz, so sorry you have not received you sp from Jan. That is just not right. I will be you angel if you like and send a nice box of goodies to you. off to work now. Have a great day Ladies.
    Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest
    I know someone who lives in Atlanta whose package is out for delivery today! :0)
    Onalee, here it is 6:10 AM and when DH went out to get the papers, there was your box, left last night I guess, BRIMMING with wonderful things, you will never know how much I've wanted an Aunt Philly's toothbrush rug tool!! And the fabric is super as are the scissors, the ruler hanger, the darling jeweled heart shape box and the sox and the thimble and the scissors plus leash, and the kleenix pack plus hand made holder and the mylar patters for the GFG (I think they are the right size so I can use them to get going on mine again), plus the darling yo-yo's and the Idaho Spud plus the 2 magazines I will read from cover to cover. And now I get the stix, sweet Onalee sent me not one but 2 packages of Twizzlers, licorice and chocolate....I hope I haven't forgotten anything, BUT later today after my colonoscopy (as you can tell, today was a perfect time to get your SP package, Onalee)...I promise I will find a program to reduce pictures to publishable size so everyone can see what you have sent.
    Think I should wear my new twirly heart sox and knock the doc's off their chairs?

Again, thanks so much, I'm off the PM Lori....and you Onalee
    Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 AM
    Swap Hosts

Gzuslivs, how horrible that you didn't receive your package from January. I am sure there will be angels flying your way and I hope your January partner is banned!

Lori, I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. I guess those shots didn't do the trick. Get drugs!!!

Crafty Darlene, the wedding sounds wonderful! I personally love casual, fun filled weddings and a barn sounds terrific. I was trying to get Melissa to have hers at a beach park here. They have huge structures that are called "The Mushrooms" and one is enclosed. I thought they could have it catered by one of the bbq outfits here. But she and her dad have their hearts set on a hall. I'm sure it will be lovely.

To everyone who hasn't heard back from their SP's, maybe it's the board which has been acting a little odd lately. One hopes the SP isn't ill. But whatever the case, I know it's hard to wait.

Speaking of waiting, I'm still waiting for my package from my second SP, but we're only at the middle of the month, so there's still time. Hmmm, maybe it's Lori!

As for the Walmart fabric, I used to have a firm rule: never pay more than $2.99/yd. I really stocked up over the last couple of years with that rule, too. I told DH that considering these prices, I am glad that I have been a fabric hoarder!

And I will continue shopping at estate sales. I missed one this past week. Foo! Maybe this weekend if I have time. A friend of mine has a live audition for America has talent and wants me to coach her. I really don't want to since once I gave up my career in music, I was hoping to be completely done with it, but I suspect I'm stuck. She has a fabulous voice, but occasional trouble with pitch and getting over that bad habit will take more than a little performance coaching. And will also require some tranquilizers for me!!! (just kidding)

Yesterday I had to make a run to a fabric shop for some lace trim. It's a strange little hole in the wall, very dark with quite a hodge podge of goods. Much of their inventory is quite old. Anyway, the young lady who works the front end of the shop told me she would be charging me whatever was marked on the spools/bolts but she's been going through the store marking things up. She said that even buying wholesale the prices were going through the roof. A shame. Since I know that some of their goods are 40 years old (like the lace I buy) I don't think it's right for them to mark it up too much.

They also do sewing for clients in the back -- bathing suits, scarves, shirts, etc. I think I will bring them some samples to see what they will charge. I have someone coming today to have an audition to work for me. She has done piecework in the past, so we'll see how she does. If not ... off to this odd little shop to see what they charge.

Well, have a great day, everyone!