Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

• February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-03-2015, 05:17 PM

We have no more room for snow, but gonna get more! Suzy don't worry I am usually one of the last to send. I've got to get started, now where did I put that little something special I bought? I am planning and sewing in my mind right now.
    Old 02-03-2015, 05:37 PM

Wecome Suzy!! This is a great swap,everyone is so wonderful !! You will love the pc and nc,so many talented ladies here.
    Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM
    Power Poster

Dwina, batten down the hatches. we're getting tomorrow and Sunday. stay warm.
    everyone get the kitties and dogs in, it's coming again.
    Old 02-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Lynnie -- yes, more snow Wednesday into Thursday & again Saturday-Sunday-Monday. Don't have any details, though. I'll deal with it when it gets here! No more room for snow. Hubby says next year we need to get a snow blower. (Guess he's tired of shoveling snow!)

At work we have 2 parking lots, one in back of the building & one up the hill. Well, of course I park in the back, but by the time I got there, it was filled because 1) we lost 3 spaces due to snow piling up & 2) people don't seem to know how to park in a lot covered with snow & no visible lines. So I pulled into the lot, thinking there was a space but, no, not big enough for my Jeep, so I did a 7-point turn (or more) to get out of there, drove up the hill & prayed on the walk down that I didn't land on my rear end. Oh, I made it down safely -- but there's always tomorrow! (Technically, we're not supposed to park behind the building but, hey, as I tell my boss, I've already had lower back surgery & knee surgery & I'm afraid of ice, so I'm parking back there in the winter. But it's a small lot & everyone wants to park there!

By the way, Lynnie, I'm up in the northwest corner of CT, an hour north of New Haven, probably 1 hour 20 minutes north of the ferry in Bridgeport -- in good weather, of course!
    Old 02-03-2015, 07:24 PM
    Power Poster

You need to get a handicapped parking spot so you can be by the door. if you slip and fall on the snow or ice. i'd hate to see what would happen. I've had 10 spinal and a knee replaced and orthoscopic so I know your fear of slipping on the ice and snow. think about it. will he come to yur house and take care of you when you're out coz you got hurt???? you need to look out for yourself, take care in this horrible weather, please .Friday new pictures should be coming in.
    Old 02-04-2015, 04:06 AM

Thanks for those thoughts, Lynnie, but I don't think I'm that bad off. I know there are many, many people far worse off than I! I do appreciate your concern, though. And I certainly agree with what you said. But it's first come-first served, as they say, with those parking spaces. You've been through an awful lot yourself, though; don't know how you do it! I had a miniscle tear in one knee from Zumba (yeah, loved that dancing, but apparently it didn't like me!) in 2010, & my back surgery was many, many years ago, so I've been lucky really. Like I said, so many more people are worse off -- not that they park in that lot, mind you! Oh, well, I will be cautious, & mindful of what you say. Thanks for your kind thoughts!
    Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 AM

Looks like everyone is getting more snow. I just shoveled what I got from last night. Now it's going to start snowing this afternoon until midnight with 2-4 but they are never right. Then more snow Sunday. It's a good thing that I don't get that much at one time. Although I would have if I didn't go out to shovel 6 times from the last storm. I'm done with this winter. I have finished my pc and nc and only a few more things to get and it will be mailed by Friday. I'm usually never this early.
    Everyone have a great day
    Old 02-04-2015, 06:29 AM
    Banned

It is snowing here today which I am NOT happy about.

I am trying to work hard and get my pc out by Monday
    at the latest.

Now most of you know that my daughter is pregnant
    with my first grand baby. She is now 30 weeks, and on
    every 2 week Dr. visits. Her latest visit was yesterday
    and it seems that Zack has went on a MAJOR growth
    spurt in the last two weeks. He is measuring at 34weeks.

Tina will have another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see how
    he is doing, but the Dr. told her yesterday that at the rate
    he is growing that they will not let her go to full term.

That means that Zack may end up being born in March,
    and not April.

So now I MUST hurry and get busy FAST and make stuff
    for her and him.
    Old 02-04-2015, 08:41 AM

Yippee I have both pc and nc finished.
    I have had such fun this was definitely the inspiration I needed to get back into sewing. I can't wait to get back in there today and get started on another one. Now do I take a picture and mail it along with my tracking # to klaws. I do not post the pic on here correct. Do we open our swap when we receive ours or do we wait until the 14th to open? I am addicted already.
    Old 02-04-2015, 10:24 AM

sounds like the northern east coast states are getting slammed with a lot of snow... bummer. We had 2 days of snow here in the Seattle area and that was in November.. noting since then... I may be crazy but would be nice to see another few days of some snow.