Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

• February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-04-2015, 10:25 AM

Where do I go to see the pincushions/needle cases swapped from the past? Is there a special place for these pictures.
    Old 02-04-2015, 10:44 AM

You can go to Member Swaps and Round robins and then look for the December and January and February pc an nc swap and usually it's near the last page. On December it's page #49.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Suzy, click on my profile. I have an album with collages of all pincushions and needlecases from last August until December. I haven't done the one for January yet.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:11 AM

Thanks so much. I just wanted to get an idea of what had been going around and see where I stood with my pc and nc. I did not want to be under par. This is such a talented group of ladies.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM
    Power Poster

Suzy, after you make your pin cush you mail it to your partner be sure to get tracking number for it. Take a picture before mailing and save the picture. ( then if your partner can't post a picture you can.)Most can post pictures and do. Send a PM to Klaws. let her know you mailed it and give her the tracking number.Then you wait till your partner posts or at least sends a thank you pm to you.Then if she didn't post a pictures you can and we all love seeing them. As for getting a pin cushion for yourself. when you receive it you can open it immediately. Then be sure to take a picture and post for us all to see it. OK? Then PM Karen again to let her know you received yours. Also PM your partner to thank her. It's always nice if you can send a positive feedback score for your partner and of course for our wonderful host Karen. Good luck and I'm sure you did well. None of us expect a professional pin cush. or needlebk. it's the idea of someone making something for you personally that counts. You can put a couple extras in your package if you want. Look at some of the last swaps and see what was given. Things like little homemade pins, keychains, little bags or a little bit of fabric maybe. Also we all love candy or teas etc. Hope this answered your questions and helped. Main thing don't worry and enjoy the swap and all your quilting friends. Hugs Mary
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:41 AM

Hi Everyone: I haven't been on the board for a couple-three days. Kinda in the doldrums. It's so dreary outside. Am going to water aerobics 4x/ wk and am feeling stronger. Legs and feet still numb which is annoying. I'm thankful they don't hurt though.
    Hello Suzy and welcome to the swap! You will love it. These ladies are wonderful, kind and funny! I love to read the posts and see their pictures. They're all so creative! The surprise of getting something in the mail is delightful and I look forward to whatever it is my partner(s) are sending!!
    I have my PC finished. Now just have to add a few finishing touches to the NC and hopefully mail it by the weekend.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:43 AM
    Power Poster

suzy mail when your done, open when you get it. take a pic of what you made incse, someone like me, doesn't have a camera. take a pic and post what you get when you get it. after partner gets hers. if she hasn;t posted a pic do it for her. it's done on this thread, and if our hostess can, at the end she'll do a collage of them. enjoy.

Pat, sorry about your snow. you get more than we do.

Louise. congrats again on the baby, a lot to look forward to and a lot of work for you to do. but we all know you love making things for him. bless him.

Friday, mine gets delivered, can't wait.
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:46 AM
    Power Poster

quilt joey, sometimes it takes weeks or even months to get rid of that numb fuzzy feeling. just keep your doctor posted. Glad you're on the mend and feeling better. Great for you for ding the water aerobics.
    Old 02-04-2015, 01:21 PM
    Power Poster

Louise that is so exciting about your new little grand baby. Mommy and baby are both in my prayers for his safe entry into his new world.
    Old 02-04-2015, 01:42 PM

I have a few more things to do on my needle case, the pincushion is already done. Hope to mail by the end of the week.

Quilty Louise, such a happy time getting ready to welcome a new grandchild, is this your first?

Jan