Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015 >
  • February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

• February Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-up ends January 31, 2015

Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM

Mary what a great swap you got from SewExtreme. I do like brown so I really liked the fabric. Candy was good to and you get to eat it. I love your cowboy table mat. They had bull riding in St. Louis over the weekend.
    Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Yes he has a great sense of humor,that's why he married me.LOL We had our 37 th anniversary this month.
    Wow. Congratulations! May God grant you many, many more teasing and laughter filled years!

My sweet boy and I got a late start and will celebrate our 20th anniversary the end of March. The best years of my life.
    Old 02-23-2015, 03:06 PM

Mary, you are most welcome! And, Congratulations on 37 years. I always tell my hubby it's his fault he didn't come find me when we were 18 or so, then we could have been married for a long time. However, the best 10 years of my life have been spent married to him. I love every moment.

Funny about the fabric. I had it in my stash and wondered if it would be liked. So, when I saw that you liked brown a light bulb went off and I thought, Great!
    Old 02-23-2015, 04:36 PM

Sis love the PC, NC and mat you received, Nice shade of brown, I especially like the NC being small as I use the little ones like that in my little carry case Lynnie made me to carry a couple extra needles and few pins, use the applique pins in there. My hand is getting better, we cleaned house today as I have a meeting here tomorrow... Good feeling to get it done...
    Old 02-23-2015, 04:46 PM
    Power Poster

Mary love your new set. isn't nice to have a complete set? My dh and I got a late start too. March 25 I'll know him 9 yrs and in June Married for 8 wonderful years. Never had a fight or argument. we love each other and Zoey so much.
    Glad to hear you're happy too.
    Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 PM
    Power Poster

Pat a late - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I was late getting back on from having no power due to several counties in East Tn. without power. Thousands still are. It's like a war zone. I could hear trees snapping and each time it sounded like a gun shot. I am so thankful none went over on our house. We had food, heat, and water. When we got our home, my dear dad said if we would get this one gas stove as a back up he would put it in for us. We did that and I am so thankful. We were cozy warm. Very little light though, but with my sight that made it worse, and both of us use a c-pap at night. Well my hubby uses a bi-pap which includes his oxygen. We are doing fine now though. We feel blessed.

Nice pincushions/needle cases.
    Old 02-23-2015, 06:26 PM

That's a lovely set, SewExtremeSeams! Mary is a lucky one!

DH & I didn't meet until ... well, I won't give out any "secrets," but neither of us was 20! My niece (8 years younger than me) & I went to Nashville the year my mother died. We planned our vacation for the beginning of April but someone with more seniority than I wanted that week so I got the 3rd week in April instead. DH played rugby for the Irish rugby team & they were heading for NZ that same week, but something happened & the trip was cancelled (on the NZ end), but the team also had an invite to go to Nashville, so they went. So ... neither one of us was supposed to be there that week. But I knew, as soon as I saw him across the room, that I had met my soul mate -- the connection was immediate! (His dad had died 6 months before my mother, & he has always believed that they were fixing us up!)

JuneBillie -- the niece I just mentioned now lives in eastern TN.
    Old 02-23-2015, 06:50 PM

Mary, that is a great gift you received from ESE! All y'all in the icy zones be careful and stay warm. DH and I met in HS and married atfter graduation and that has been 53 years ago. Has been a great life. We've reached a point of knowing what the other one is going to say. Just wish he didn't mine my buying fabric and such but I do it anyway! LOL. We have an understanding!
    Old 02-23-2015, 06:55 PM
    Power Poster

My dh and I finish each others sentences too. our signatures are starting to look alike.
    I married the best man in the world. He's such a sweetheart. I love him so much.
    Old 02-23-2015, 06:57 PM
    Power Poster

Ctyankee, it's beautiful here in spite of these rare weather events.