February POM

Old 02-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Please, don't get me wrong, I loved giving and getting the extras. I'm being forced, I feel to air my dirty laundry to everyone, because I finish things early and I send early and can't afford to buy extras now. I'm just on a super tight budget right now. I'm disabled on a few different accounts. I may have to go back to work to make ends meet. One of the things I had to cut out was the $15-$20 a month I spent on swaps. I love making extras, I can't afford to buy extras. Right now, I'm forced to cut down on a lot of things. cutting swaps helped us get the budget down a bit.We've been cutting corners all over the place. I have no problem making an extra now and then. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't meant to.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Mary, have you had chocolate wine yet? My friend got some and it is good!
Old 02-12-2016, 01:04 PM

Most swaps are open to all level and I assume all lifestyles. Let's just enjoy each other's contributions.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 PM

Nobody have hurt feelings here! We are all friends...different abilities, time schedules etc, etc, etc............

I enjoy having everyone participate!

Hugs & have a GREAT! weekend!

Teresa
Old 02-12-2016, 02:06 PM

I enjoy making things for people -- I always have, ever since I was little. I have a huge stash of fabric & I get a kick out of making something extra, or a couple of extras. I haven't seen any swap that says you must send extras. The Mug Rug Swap says it's allowed, handmade or store bought (because not everyone has the time to learn something new), it's up to you -- but you're only obligated to send the mug rug. How people interpret that is up to them.

I like the idea of just sending the POM, as that allows me time to spend on my mug rug swap, too. I work full-time, I'm exhausted after work, but I still get to sew at my sewing machine (this is the part where I lovingly give it a little caress), although mostly on weekends. I'm okay with all that.

My goal is to use up my stash!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Most swaps are open to all level and I assume all lifestyles. Let's just enjoy each other's contributions.
My sentiments exactly Dotty!!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MizMelly
Well, I DID put a tiny extra something in JuneBillie's swap package because I promised her I'd send some sunshine. It kept the coasters from rattling around in the package

P.S. It's something I made a buttload of a few years ago......
MizMelly, I look forward to my sunshine you sent.

I love all our friends here, and I love and cherish every extra thing anyone has ever sent me. I have them proudly displayed in my house. So it is clear what I was trying to say, it is not about sending some precious extra with a swap, it was about a whole bunch of extras that got bigger and bigger with each swap until I had to look for the actual swap item, but more importantly it was the wording of wow you really got a good swap package, or wow you hit the jack pot with what you got. I love hearing things like "that's a nice (whatever) and nice goodies too. You know what I mean.

As for the quick make and send off that is fine too, but please don't go so fast into what's next. The opposite of being ADHD is having chronic autoimmune disorders on top of more autoimmune disorders that (my personal life) take away all the energy in the cells that when I get up in the morning I have to decide on the one thing I will be able to do, and then as they tell people like us "our spoons are used up." Some days consist of not getting up at all if I get a cold in the slightest. I just say that so that you can understand a bit. I only say that, because I consider you friends.

Enough Said, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone too. I like anything I get and always have.

I will not have anything else to say about this. I just want everyone to have fun in all they do. I love every single thing as I said that I have ever received. I want to thank some Good friends on the board that have even sent me some fabric that when I opened up a package and seen it I cried, because I was so able to use it.

I am going to have a good day now, and I have some sewing to do. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Susan
Old 02-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Jan, How's your hand/wrist doing? Are you able to function fully??? I know I'm not the only one wondering!!
Old 02-12-2016, 04:20 PM

I just came home to these beauties in the mailbox! Aren't they adorable??? Their little beaks are free, like a prairie point. and they are appliquéd very nicely....even their tiny tail feathers. Thanks so much ctyankee!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542544[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Cute birdies , so spring like. Very nice work Pamela. No Lynnie I never had chocolate wine. I do like wine though.