• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed  Update Page 62 >
  • February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

• February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
    Originally Posted by dyer804
    I'm so lonely sitting on this bench waiting for the mailman. He just keeps driving right past me :(

Sure hope my squishy comes before the 23rd... I'll be on my way to Ireland this time next week. Yahooooo!
    I'll come sit and wait with you. I'll be gone Friday through Monday so my package will probably come while I'm gone! It will be nice to have a surprise when I get home.
    OOOO, I hope you're going someplace warm! We've sure been cold over this side. Now we have to find boats to get ready for the snow melt the next few days... its going to be 60 tomorrow. Last night it was 15! Break out the shorts!!
    We had a bit of rain last night and today but it is still in the upper 50s. We need the rain so no complaints! Come on over. The patio is covered and I can get a quilt for our laps to help keep us warm!
    Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 PM

For the person who commented on my avatar I am posting a picture of the original pattern. If you are interested pm me your addy and I will be happy to mail it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-116500.jpe  
    Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 PM

No packages up here in the great white north so far! But I will admit it seems to take longer to get here then almost anywhere else! The funny part is that I am only about 20 minutes from the border!!! I am sure I will love my package when it arrives! I am looking forward to seeing what someone picked for me!!!! :D
    Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM

Hmmmm.... my tracking number doesn't show any movement from the local area and its been over two days! It still shows it being delivered tomorrow though, I don't see how that is going to happen.
    Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 PM

trisha!!!

i (almost finished) the bouillabase all in batiks! it is gorgeous, but was such a big project that i have never done batiks again!!! i was more of a beginner back then, but it was a big project...
    Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM

I got my squishy!!!!! Vicki sent me some really neat goodies; a cute multicolor pincushion, tweezers with a heart in the handle, pretty brown and pink fabric, and a rosebud stencil. Oh and she saved my DS by sending me M&Ms (he ate the last handful on Monday)! Lovely and useful presents, thanks again Vicki.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-120449.jpe  
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Have ya all noticed our candy we recieve in our squishies is either opened or can't be in the shot because we ate it already.lol.Well I finally got out to the post office and sent my secret pal her box of surprises today. It went to WA.you should have it by friday. I sent it priority and delivery whatcha call it. Gees I'm tired.Hope this makes sense. Mary
    oooh :shock: I live in WA!
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Have ya all noticed our candy we recieve in our squishies is either opened or can't be in the shot because we ate it already.lol.Well I finally got out to the post office and sent my secret pal her box of surprises today. It went to WA.you should have it by friday. I sent it priority and delivery whatcha call it. Gees I'm tired.Hope this makes sense. Mary
    Mine wasn't opened! I waited til I took the picture. LOL!!
    I have to make sure DH isn't in the vicinity to make it last :!:
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 PM

I'm so lonely sitting on this bench waiting for the mailman. He just keeps driving right past me :(

Sure hope my squishy comes before the 23rd... I'll be on my way to Ireland this time next week. Yahooooo!
    Kooklabell, I sure wish I could live in a house like your avatar! I'd have my very own room to quilt in :shock: but then, I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have to clear the dining table off when company stays!
    Old 02-16-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by KellyK
    SP, I just wanted to say thank you! I have had a lot of fun this month, searching for things I think you will like. I had seen some things at Goodwill a few weeks prior that I thought were nice but not anything I "needed" and then I realized when I read about you that they would be perfect for you. I went back not expecting them to still be there... and they were! You know that treasure hunting feeling you get, when you find the bargain you were looking for? That was fun, and I found a great sheet to be the lining for my son's new curtains on that same day.

Then I found a little something on Ebay and won it for both of us, since we share some common likes. By splitting it in half I was able to keep under the dollar amount.

I tried something new and while it didn't turn out perfect, I know I will keep at it and make lots of fun stuff for myself in the future! I put some of the left overs from the trials in your box(es)... color with permanent marker or colored pencil and bake at 320 deg for one to three minutes on a piece of brown paper bag.

I found the loveliest fabric at Connecting threads, perfect for a cute little needle book for you and giving me the remainder to play with.

Then there were some books that I had gotten at the thrift and liked to look through but didn't need as references... I hope you enjoy thumbing through them and feel free to pass them on when the enjoyment is done!

I learned a bit about hand embroidery... mainly that loosewoven fabric shreds when you try to stitch the edges... which led to trying something new with pincushions and I will have to make one of my own, I'm that happy with the result.

You said that you like scraps so I've sent a few your way, which enabled me to not have to scratch my head wondering what exactly I am going to do with those bits of fabric, phew!

We have never really spoken, and you are a hard one to cyberstalk, but I love a lot of your likes and have had such a fun time, Thank You SP for being the inspiration to quite a few learning experiences and fun bargain bagging!

And now I have a smile on my face because I know you will be happy when you open up your surprise and that makes me really happy!
    Did you try to make those awesome pin toppers I see all over? I've been dreaming of those, someday I'll sneak supplies in when DH isn't looking ;)