Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed  Update Page 62 >
  • February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

• February Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed Update Page 62

Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Gigi07
    Zappycat.. come on... North Carolina is nice!! Moved here from Maine.. so I do know COLD and SNOW LOL
    I'd love to Gigi! I love Maine, also!
    My daughter almost went to college at Western Carolina. She had a soccer scholarship, but then at the last minute the coach that had recruited her there left... so then she decided to stay in NJ. I think she was having second thoughts about being so far from home and about playing D1 soccer, so the coach leaving was her "out". So now she is in NJ, playing D3 soccer and we were able to make it to every game. So, I guess it all worked out for the best. I love NC... we used to vacation on Topsail Island, but the mountains are beautiful too!
    Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore
    It's snowing here in Kansas and it looks like we have about 3 inches already!!!! Soooo tired of it, want spring NOW!

Here's what I got from tussymussy - I love everything!!! Very nice package and all the way from the UK!!! OH, and one thing didn't make it in the picture, don't know why!!! But it was a heart necklace that comes apart and has a floppy drive for the computer - I love it!!!!
    How beautiful Seymoore! What is that with the owl on it?!! And did Tussymussy make it?! Looks adorable!
    Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
    How beautiful Seymoore! What is that with the owl on it?!! And did Tussymussy make it?! Looks adorable!
    That is a keychain, but it was made by a woman who is 28 years old and had a brain injury when she was in a car accident. I feel very priviledged to have it. Also, that octagon shaped item is a needle holder, I'm so excited to have that too! All of it, honestly, was very exciting. The black and white postcard she said is a picture of where she actually lives, but of course in days gone by.
    Old 02-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Okay, it's getting very lonley out here on the bench by myself. And we are expecting 10 inches of snow tonite. But so happy for all of those who have received such great packages. Jealous? Who...Me? Yep!!!
    Old 02-24-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
    Okay, it's getting very lonley out here on the bench by myself. And we are expecting 10 inches of snow tonite. But so happy for all of those who have received such great packages. Jealous? Who...Me? Yep!!!
    I'm still on the bench too and would love to join you but you might want to get out of the snow so you don't get buried. Don't want the postal worker to miss you under all that white stuff!
    Old 02-25-2011, 11:35 AM

I'm there with you on the bench ---- still waiting. Mail man just came,nothing.
    Old 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM

I'am sitting on the bench also, here in st. cloud,fl. the weather is 90 on my front porch,I got some sun today
    Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 PM

I'm still on the bench with you but I know my SP is working on my gift so I can be patient and wait. :) :-) :thumbup:
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore
    It's snowing here in Kansas and it looks like we have about 3 inches already!!!! Soooo tired of it, want spring NOW!

Here's what I got from tussymussy - I love everything!!! Very nice package and all the way from the UK!!! OH, and one thing didn't make it in the picture, don't know why!!! But it was a heart necklace that comes apart and has a floppy drive for the computer - I love it!!!!
    Hi Shelley, I am really pleased that you liked your squishy. I was getting worried about it not arriving - it took such a long time.

I could not find any modern postcards of here as the place closes down for winter! In our little museau they had the black & white ones taken around the beginning of the 19th Century. That view is about 10 minutes walk from where I live and iapart from the clothes and transport, it is much the same now.
    Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM

My Secret Pal package came today from Texas. Thank you to Lydia. I love the Kaffe Fassett fabric and the note pad. I have been having trouble with applique stuff. I think this might help. The needle case is also really thoughtful.

TY to Lydia Coffman
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]120629[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-120624.jpe