I love it thank you so much.
    Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM

So glad that you like it!
    Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

Will I be getting a new row soon?
    Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
    Will I be getting a new row soon?
    Your row comes from Lynn; I haven't received a medallion to send to you.
    Old 06-24-2011, 03:26 AM

Hey all sorry I am,a little late....i will be getting my medallion out next week
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:40 PM

I see your posts now about the postal strike- good thing you did allow some Summertime! BTW, I have not received my row yet for the third go around... I am just thinking that I am going to be on vacation out of state and away from my sewing room for three weeks, soon, too.

Crafty3790, I love your work- makes me wish that I had started with Sunbonnets! I have a special affinity for them. Love everyone's so far!!! Is everyone having a decent summer so far? There has been so much flooding and tornadoes- I hope none of you has been affected...
    Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM

the part of Canada I moved to is absolutely amazing...as long as the hurricaines don't come up the Atlantic Ocean

(I love sitting out by the ocean and listening to the waves... 8-)

No tornados, flooding here. :thumbup:

Summer is cooler but hey when you get to "hot flash" age; cooler isn't necessarily so bad. :D

found a place to live in town. It is the servants quarters of an old estate house that was converted to apartments. We have rented both the 3 bdrm in the upstairs of duplex and the 1 bdrm lower level apt. Plan is to make the 1 bdrm my quilting space.....so it will have a little kitchenette and a bathroom...so cool.... and no one else in the building but us. though there will be renters in the estate house it won't be in our space)

M-I-L is coming July 22 for 3 weeks.I love the woman but that is going to be a loooooooooooooooong time. Last time she came to visit she put nail polish on one side of my kettle's on/off switch so it would be easier for me to know if it was on or off..sweet but geez if i had wanted that I would have done it :)

Have a nice vacation. You are all welcome to come here and visit me. :)
    Old 06-24-2011, 03:25 PM

here is a nice summary article to explain things for my American friends.....

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Opposition parties kept debate going all Thursday night in Parliament on a bill to force an end to a postal-service work stoppage, while Prime Minister Stephen Harper slept on his office couch and a legislator serenaded colleagues in the lobby with a guitar

The opposition New Democratic Party (NDP) is intent on stretching out debate on the back-to-work legislation. The NDP would not say for how long it will try to stall passage of the bill, but the Conservative government says the House of Commons will not adjourn for its summer recess until the bill to restore postal service passes.

Postal workers started rotating strikes to back contract demands on June 3, leading to a lockout by Canada Post, a government-owned corporation, on June 15 that shut the mail service down.

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers, which represents 48,000 urban postal workers, says that in talks for a new contract management has demanded unfair concessions in areas including wages, staffing and safety.

Canada Post says that in an age of e-mail and the Internet, it must offer new hires less generous salaries and pensions to be competitive, particularly with courier companies.

The government bill would legislate an end to the work stoppage and provide for an arbitrator, who will pick the best final offer from those put forward by the union and management.

The opposition NDP gets support from many unions and in stalling the back-to-work bill it is running a fine line in trying to back the postal union without angering the broader population. A poll found 70 percent of Canadians support the legislation.

The debate in Parliament is akin to a U.S. Senate filibuster, but the difference is that there is a limit on how long each Canadian lawmaker is entitled to speak.

So while each of the 308 members of Parliament is allowed to speak at each stage of the bill, in the end there is a limit to how long debate can go on and the bill will eventually pass, thanks to the Conservative government's majority in the House.

While debate continues, the Conservatives have to keep on their toes, staying close to the House chamber to be ready for a procedural or other kind of vote that could kill the bill or amend it beyond recognition. Their majority is only useful if they are able to get to the floor on time to vote.

Harper's office is just a few steps from the House, and he slept on his couch on Thursday night, visiting the chamber occasionally as the debate went on.

His office brought in pizza for Conservative caucus members, while the opposition Liberals chowed down on ribs being sold at a nearby cook-off.

After passing the House, the legislation will have to pass the Senate, but the Conservatives have a majority there and quick passage is assured.

Mail service can resume 24 hours after the Senate approves the bill.
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 PM

debe,thanks letting us know all that..our postal service cannot go on strike. I hope for all of you that yours go back to work quickly. Personally, I'd go crazy without mail service, our local newspaper comes by mail!

Last Monday night my husbands' Peterbilt caught on fire! Quite a scare, but he is ok. This week has been very hectic...I went to Caseyville, IL(right across the St Louis MO line) and picked him and all his stuff up. I never made it to the post office, but I will get the medallion on its way to Joyce on Monday, if all go well.
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
    Hey all sorry I am,a little late....i will be getting my medallion out next week
    I'm running a little late on getting your next one to you so we should be about on the same schedule...I'll get your next one out on Monday or Tuesday to you Tisha.