Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • friends know no borders  Round Robin >
  • friends know no borders Round Robin

• friends know no borders Round Robin

Old 02-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Okay here are my "owner's pieces" and no it isn't because I am keen (though I am excited to get this going). The medallion was a centre that I did and never did finish the blocks that go with it (one of those dreaded UFOs) and the row is blocks that i never put into a quilt (damn another UFO).

So now I can delete 2 UFOs out of my basket :)

Also regarding the journal, it is more a quilt diary. You all live in such interesting places and I thought it might be nice to share the experience of being you in your hometown...it would also be a nice keepsake when we are done.

So, for example, I put in my journal about my family, my hometown, the history of the blocks/medallion etc. I then added a piece about what my wishes/dream of the finished product would be (in very generic terms) and added a picture of it in its current state.

Here are the 2 for my round robin...remember i am a quilter and not a photographer...though somedays i wouldn't say i was a quilter either since i spend a lot of time "unsewing" my work.

part of the row for my row round robin
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]116671[/ATTACH]

my medallion round robin
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]116967[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-116666.jpe   attachment-116962.jpe  
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:19 AM

Is that the kaleidoscope pattern? Very pretty.
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by debe
    Originally Posted by Karen
    debe...who all is in the medallion group? Is there only going to be 2 people? I am confused about this...please clarifiy.
    no there are 6 in the group. you can only see one person's address and each person has a different address so let's say that the people in it are John, Mary & Jane.

round 1: John passes his quilt to Jane. Jane passes her quilt to Mary. Mary passes her quilt to John.

round 2: John still passes to Jane but now he is passing Mary's quilt. Jane still passes to Mary but now she is passing John's quilt. Mary still passes to John but now she is passing Jane's quilt.

Thus, the person you pass to never changes the only thing that changes is the quilt you are passing. does that make any more sense or is it too early in the morning and i am rambling? :-)

debe thank you. I understand how it works, but since you only gave me one persons info and no other...well the though was already stated. Now I am curious as to who will be working on my center and whose centers I will be working on!
    Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by debe
    Okay here are my "owner's pieces" and no it isn't because I am keen (though I am excited to get this going). The medallion was a centre that I did and never did finish the blocks that go with it (one of those dreaded UFOs) and the row is blocks that i never put into a quilt (damn another UFO).

So now I can delete 2 UFOs out of my basket :)

Also regarding the journal, it is more a quilt diary. You all live in such interesting places and I thought it might be nice to share the experience of being you in your hometown...it would also be a nice keepsake when we are done.

So, for example, I put in my journal about my family, my hometown, the history of the blocks/medallion etc. I then added a piece about what my wishes/dream of the finished product would be (in very generic terms) and added a picture of it in its current state.

Here are the 2 for my round robin...remember i am a quilter and not a photographer...though somedays i wouldn't say i was a quilter either since i spend a lot of time "unsewing" my work.

Very pretty! I really like your medallion. And the Mirror image is awesome!
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
    Is that the kaleidoscope pattern? Very pretty.
    yes; it is. and thanks. took a class on how to do them and then never finished the quilt...
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:12 AM

Very pretty! I really like your medallion. And the Mirror image is awesome!
    Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM

debe...who all is in the medallion group? Is there only going to be 2 people? I am confused about this...please clarifiy.
    i have updated the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...cnum=118#28187 so it lists which group everyone is in..i hope this helps.
    Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Not that you have to do the same but this is what I have in my journal...........

page 1
    I am Debbie Langlois & I currently live in Liverpool NS Canada. My husband & I moved here from Hamilton, ON in November, 2010. It was a big deal for me as I have never lived anywhere but Hamilton nor have I travelled a lot. Besides Hamilton has a population of 500,000 and Liverpool has a population of 3000. But it is nice to be living on the Atlantic Ocean instead of the "big city."

I have 2 daughters & 1 son, 2 dogs & 1 cat. My children have all grown but not provided me with any grandchildren yet.

About my quilt. You really can't go wrong. I am not a perfectionist and not fussy. I am not very good at working on "scrappy quilts" and yet when I see them done I like usually like them. My quilts tend to be "matchy" and the colours tie together somehow. I've put a few spare squares and strips of fabric that you can you use or not use in your row.

Thanks for doing this with me.

page 2
    Well here I sit at home in my quilting room in Debbie's house in Hunts Point (a spit in the road), Nova Scotia. We really consider ourselves as living in Liverpool. Liverpool is on the South Shore of Nova Scotia and just east of where hurricane Earl hit last year.

Debbie & her husband Andy moved here from Hamilton, Ontario mostly for the scenery. They brought their dogs,Gumbo (a dog adopted from Louisanna -- a Katrina rescue) and Maggie (a little spitfire) and their cat, Kitty (who thinks he is a dog). It was a 24 hour drive form Hamilton & that's a long drive for the pets!!!

Now the start of my travels through various places in the United States and one short stop in Wellandport. Only a hop, skip, & a jump from Hamilton :)

I can't wait to start my travels and see what I look like in the end.
    Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM

My center piece will be similar to the one in this quilt. I desiged 5 medallions in the series Flowers of the Night.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154565.jpe  
    Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 PM

What fun