Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG >
  • Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG

• Friendship Block Swap-NOW OPEN UNDER BOOMERANG

Old 12-22-2009, 03:35 PM

I think you've scared me off with the 36 or more blocks. Working full time in the school district I just don't get that much play time during the school year.I thought it was going to be a one on one swap also. I'm very disappointed this sounded like so much fun. Maybe if you have one going during the summer. I will definately keep an eye on this one tho, if really does sound fun.
    Muriel
    Old 12-23-2009, 01:16 AM
    Power Poster

So we have to wait for the FQ's to make the blocks? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this...

36 blocks in 3 months, and I make my first one and send it and a FQ to the next name on my list, then I wait for a FQ to be sent to me so I can send that person back a block.
    So every 2.5 days, I will be mailing out a block. 2.5 X 36 = 90 Days.

How does this work when we are mailing across the US and to other countries?
    Old 12-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Wow I just read all the comments on this swap and I can't wait to get the ACTUAL details of this swap. what I have read so far sounds like fun and I hope I don't miss the window to get in. I know how fast these things fill up.
    Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 AM

I sure am sorry if I scared you off Muriel. This is probably one of the funnest swaps I have ever done...maybe you will reconsider :-)

Amma
    What happens is once every one is signed up and I have all names and addresses I send everyone the list of addresses and you mail out your F4s to everyone on the list. F4s will start rolling in to you and you then have 3 months to get the blocks made and mailed back. You mail them back as you do them or when you can. This way no one is waiting for F4s and you can work at your pace. If you have a week where you just have no time that is ok because you might find where you have a whole day you can sew and get 6 blocks done.
    Does this help?
    Mosher would love to see you join-it really is fun!
    Hugs
    April
    Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 AM

I am really looking forward to this swap. Please let me know when the actual sign up is.
    Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by KBunn
    I am really looking forward to this swap. Please let me know when the actual sign up is.
    Actual signups begin January 1, 2010 :-)
    Hugs
    April
    Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
    I think you've scared me off with the 36 or more blocks. Working full time in the school district I just don't get that much play time during the school year.I thought it was going to be a one on one swap also. I'm very disappointed this sounded like so much fun. Maybe if you have one going during the summer. I will definately keep an eye on this one tho, if really does sound fun.
    Muriel

I can see where you are coming from. I thought this was the case too. 36 times the postage twice plus the cost of the material for the fat quarters is really going to cut into tight budgets. Is there going to be a way that those who perfer to maybe exchange with just 1 or 2 or maybe 6 quilters insteade of 36?
    Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
    I can see where you are coming from. I thought this was the case too. 36 times the postage twice plus the cost of the material for the fat quarters is really going to cut into tight budgets. Is there going to be a way that those who perfer to maybe exchange with just 1 or 2 or maybe 6 quilters insteade of 36?
    The thought behind the 36 was so that you could actually make a top that was a decent size versus a top that was 36x48 you could have one that was 72 x 72. I am sure I could work something out where anyone who is willing to swap with the maximum amount of swappers goes on one list and those who want say a group of twelve on another....I don't see why I couldn't make that work out some how :-) I will see how the signups/interest goes.
    Hugs
    April
    Old 12-23-2009, 09:00 AM

[

The thought behind the 36 was so that you could actually make a top that was a decent size versus a top that was 36x48 you could have one that was 72 x 72. I am sure I could work something out where anyone who is willing to swap with the maximum amount of swappers goes on one list and those who want say a group of twelve on another....I don't see why I couldn't make that work out some how :-) I will see how the signups/interest goes.
    Hugs
    April[/quote]

I think that would be really great so everyone can have fun with this one. I would like to do the 36 because I have plenty of spare time and not too many bills but it would have been impossible several years ago when I had kids at home and lots of bills.
    Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
    I think that would be really great so everyone can have fun with this one. I would like to do the 36 because I have plenty of spare time and not too many bills but it would have been impossible several years ago when I had kids at home and lots of bills.
    Oh I understand completely about the finances believe me I do. I work in the financial industry so I see how things are hitting people. I want everyone to be able to join and have fun so i will do all that I can to accomodate everyone so they can swap :-)
    Hugs
    April