Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up >
  • Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up

• Friendship tote swap Closed for sign up

Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Well you know me well enough to know I could be LOOSE too! lol

Now that you've talked me into another swap! I can remember when you had to ride watch so I wouldn't join anymore! lol Remember that, I had a bzillion swaps...but it's been a while now so I'm ready to get back now that I don't have to Webmaster an longer.
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by abdconsultant
    this is my tote bag, still trying to decide on the closure to use, but thought I would post pics now.
    Do you have a pattern to share?
    I can not find one that is both quilted AND lined!
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 PM

I have an idea (I always have ideas...), but still deciding if I have the time. Why don't ideas come pre-loaded with time?
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    The pattern I go back to is here: . I have made a quilted AND lined bag from this general pattern in several different sizes. Of course, you can choose any dimensions.
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
    Why don't ideas come pre-loaded with time?
    IF only....and then when I find myself with some TIME..how come there are NO ideas....
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 PM
    Banned

The pattern I go back to is here: http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.co...ed-basket.html I have made a quilted AND lined bag from this general pattern in several different sizes. Of course, you can choose any dimensions.
    I really like that one...you can make it the size you need really..and add pockets to the lining before putting it in place then!
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM

I really like that one...you can make it the size you need really..and add pockets to the lining before putting it in place then!
    Here's one I made for my little sister. I started with 20" X 16" & boxed my bottom at 3". It was very roomy - I wanted her to be able to carry a binder or clip board inside. I also put a pocket on the lining before putting it together. It does go together fairly quickly once the quilting is done.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-269838.jpe  
    Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
    Banned

Here's one I made for my little sister. I started with 20" X 16" & boxed my bottom at 3". It was very roomy - I wanted her to be able to carry a binder or clip board inside. I also put a pocket on the lining before putting it together. It does go together fairly quickly once the quilting is done.
    NICE!!! :thumbup:
    Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 AM

this is my tote bag, still trying to decide on the closure to use, but thought I would post pics now.
    I don't have a pattern for the one i made, I'll do a tut to show how i put one together. Until I can get it posted; cut felt or batting the approximate size you want to make, I cut mine 18" x 36", then place your fabric pieces on the felt and start sewing. After you piece your fabric to the batting or felt, then quilt your rectangle with your own design. You could stitch 1" strips on the diagonal for your quilt pattern, or free motion, try something you haven't done before. When you are finished square up your rectangle to the size you want and fold the rectangle in half with right sides together & pin the sides. By the time you have your rectangle ready, I'll have the tut, hopefully, to show how I put one together. For me, this is the fastest and easiest way to knock one out. Plus you can do one in any size for a quick gift. Be sure to cut a lining the same size as your quilted rectangle. And whip together a pocket to sew on the lining.

:thumbup: :idea:
    Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 AM

I don't have a pattern for the one i made, I'll do a tut to show how i put one together. Until I can get it posted; cut felt or batting the approximate size you want to make, I cut mine 18" x 36", then place your fabric pieces on the felt and start sewing. After you piece your fabric to the batting or felt, then quilt your rectangle with your own design. You could stitch 1" strips on the diagonal for your quilt pattern, or free motion, try something you haven't done before. When you are finished square up your rectangle to the size you want and fold the rectangle in half with right sides together & pin the sides. By the time you have your rectangle ready, I'll have the tut, hopefully, to show how I put one together. For me, this is the fastest and easiest way to knock one out. Plus you can do one in any size for a quick gift. Be sure to cut a lining the same size as your quilted rectangle. And whip together a pocket to sew on the lining.

:thumbup: :idea:
    Sounds OK so far - I'll watch for your tut - I'm not signed up yet but thinking about it. Right now I'm listening to my embroidery stitching out for another project - - - maybe I'll go right to the tote >>> :roll: :lol: :roll: