Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >
  • Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

• Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 06-30-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I will send her off a pm and make sure. But, this swap is a funky one with different sizes. I had spoke to her about it, so I am hoping she will say yes.

I saw that carsey had posted a couple more swaps at once. I thought about it and I think it could be a good thing to have both the big ones and these. We will see what patrice says. She does have the final word.
    Carsey's are sampler swaps "winter" and "fall"
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

True, Short an sweet. I sent her a pm, so we will see what she say's. Crossing my fingers and toes here... LOL!
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    Hi everyone!!
    I went looking around the web today at christmas/winter blocks and I have got to go shopping for some of my fabrics. What a pity .... LOL!

I have had a couple persons pm me about it being too late to join up. ??? I want anyone that is interested in joining to know there are a couple weeks left before the signup closes. If you have time to get them done and mailed to me before the august deadline... Please do join in the fun!

It was so much fun to make the blocks with halloween fabrics. That holiday just seems to fly by and it is nice to have something hanging around before that day to remind us it is coming. LOL... don't you think?
    will you tell us here when you start the "winter" one?
    Hi short and sweet .... You can start them anytime you want. I will be starting the christmas/winter one as soon as the sign up ends on the halloween swap. (july 15th)

I talked to patrice about it a while back and she seemed receptive to it. She just asked that I remind her when the time came to open it up. And that we keep it to a winter.. holiday type swap so everyone would feel comfortable joining. I have to write up the rules and the other things. But, they will be close to these rules, so it shouldn't be too hard to do that.

I am hoping everyone is on time with the blocks and that I don't need to tighten up on the dates. It has been so nice that people have sent early. It could get hairy if I had them all come at once at the end. So a big thanks to all who did and will from here on in.
    Do they usually have two Christmas Swaps going at the same time, I thought I saw something about another one fixing to start! ....
    Old 06-30-2011, 06:29 PM

Here's another one going on now!

Wintery Holiday in July 6-1/2" square fabric swap Closes on July 13th, 2011
    Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
    Power Poster

I think that one is a christmas fabric squares swap and carsey's is a 12 1/2 inch blocks only.
    Old 07-01-2011, 05:13 AM
    Power Poster

It really makes it confusing and stressful with so many going at the same time. When you like to play in lots of swaps, it tends to make you put pressure on yourself! :roll:
    Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 AM

well luckily they are all different, I could do the fabric swap but I'm not comfortable enough to do a sampler? mainly because I'm not sure what that means lol, and this type of swap (funky, fun etc..) allows for a little more creativity, and the commitment is only 6 blocks to start not 12
    Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
    Power Poster

Heads up Everyone!! Our funky one is a go and will start in two weeks, when this one closes to new swappers.

So it will be the same rules with the same sizes, ok? I can just see lots of snowmen, elves, trees, stockings, houses all decorated, sunbonnets, embroidery.... everythng for this swap!

Woo Hoo! Here we go again!
    Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 AM

Heads up Everyone!! Our funky one is a go and will start in two weeks, when this one closes to new swappers.

So it will be the same rules with the same sizes, ok? I can just see lots of snomen, elves, trees, stockings, houses all decorated, sunbonnets, embroidery.... everythng for this swap!

Woo Hoo! Here we go again!
    thank you,
    Old 07-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    well luckily they are all different, I could do the fabric swap but I'm not comfortable enough to do a sampler? mainly because I'm not sure what that means lol, and this type of swap (funky, fun etc..) allows for a little more creativity, and the commitment is only 6 blocks to start not 12
    I agree 100%, but I did join the others, since I would like to make more than just one quilt...What the heck, I have nothing else to do except housework and who wants to do that...LOL