Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap      Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

• FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 AM

Love, love, love the fabrics!! They are so cute. I have 6 cats total: 4 black shorthair M (9 mths) 1 black F shorthair (9 mths) & 1 b/w M, (9 mth) long hair, so cute & 1 10 yr calico that is slowly getting used to them. I just got the F fixed & will start on the boys, 1 at a time at a low cost clinic. They are so much company to me.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 AM
    Power Poster

Thats so good that you are getting them spayed or neutered....very important!! Someone dumped 3 preggers on us a few weeks ago. I can't even catch them. I have NO idea what we are going to do with all these kittens when they come and How on earth we will be able to catch the Mamma's to get them spayed before they get pregger again. I suppose it will cost us a small fortune....*huge sigh*....oh well, I guess thats what we're here for...:D:
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 AM
    Power Poster

I love all these cat blocks. Glad I joined theis fun group. I have mine all cut out and sewed together. Now I just have to applique them onto the background.
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:21 AM
    Power Poster

Good job Zennia....can't wait to see the finished blocks!
    Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Thats so good that you are getting them spayed or neutered....very important!! Someone dumped 3 preggers on us a few weeks ago. I can't even catch them. I have NO idea what we are going to do with all these kittens when they come and How on earth we will be able to catch the Mamma's to get them spayed before they get pregger again. I suppose it will cost us a small fortune....*huge sigh*....oh well, I guess thats what we're here for...:D:
    Do you live in the country? If you live on a farm people figure you need cats. I guess they feel there is an endless supply of mice...
    Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Ok, here's my 6! :) I might get another 6 made, not 100% positive right now.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-179510.jpe  
    Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp
    Originally Posted by sandpat
    Do you live in the country? If you live on a farm people figure you need cats. I guess they feel there is an endless supply of mice...
    There IS an endless supply of mice: ask me how I know? We have 3 barn cats. Started out with 5: 1 disappeared and one our friend said to my DH, "I bet if I open my car door she will go home with me". My DH said, 'go ahead'. She did and Missy did and now Missy lives a very spoiled and pampered life with our friends in the city!
    :-D
    Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
    Those turned out so-o-o cute!!! :thumbup:
    Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
    Oh, and the edges are all stay-stitched, since they all have bias due to the wonky block. Hopefully they will remain square in transit!
    Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM
    Power Poster

Those are really cute Eli!!! I bet they will stay just perfect on their trip.

Yes, we do live on a farm...but the whole community is just a little county town and mice???? Me???? Well, maybe a few but thats because all my cats are too full of store bought cat food and don't hunt. Geesh! Lazy things!