Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap      Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

• FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

Old 03-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Love the blocks I have seen so far.......what am I going to do
    Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Thank you for the links, it is helpful to say I can do those. I would like to join this swap. I have not done a swap over the internet of blocks for 8 years. I finished the ones I have done from previous exchanges. The guidelines here are more outlined which is helpful. I have some birdhouse blocks from a former exchange years ago, that I need some more to go with. Doing this exchange will add to those and I may get a nice sized quilt out of it to give away. Yes, give away. Not crazy on the cats, but love the dogs. There ya go, could always add some pooch blocks to it and then my toy poodle - 11 years old - may adopt it. Put a poodle block on it right? I will get on these and send them out by the due date with all the guides followed. Thank you for letting me have some internet fun.
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
    Power Poster

Great QuilterMomma! We are here to have fun, fun, fun! I think adding cats to your birdhouse quilt would be outstanding! I'm planning to give my quilt away as well...I plan to donate it to my Local Animal Shelter so that they can raffle it to raise funds. It is so hard for them to get donations now with $ being so tight..so thats the paln. I'm also thinking that depending on how this one goes...we might follow it up with a Funky Dog swap

Can't wait to see your blocks...let me know when you get ready to mail (no need to hurry as the deadline date is awhile away yet) and I will send you my addy via PM.
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:25 PM

Count me in, just recovering from foot surgery but I should be able to manage this.
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:28 PM

I got some great fabrics to do my kitties there all washed and on the counter waiting for me to cut them which I will do tomorrow.
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
    Power Poster

Welcome tapngram! I'd say put that foot up and have some fun!

Crafty, can't wait to see them!

I finished 1 set of the "I heart my cat" blocks..I am reworking the cat looking into the fish bowl. Unfortunately I had to work on taxes today...yuck!!! I'd rather be playing with the funky cats!!
    Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
    Power Poster

i don't know if i'll join, just because i finished my quilt and it's at charismas now being quilted, and i finished the blocks for the donation, but i guess i can always make another for next years auction at the shelter, so i'll join, but give me a few days to figure out what i'm going to do, i ;lover all the blocks so far, so cute. nice work!!!!
    Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Such cute kitties! I will join the doggie swap when it starts! I love dogs.

What a great idea..donating the quilt to the animal shelter.
    Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 AM

Hey are you guys mind melding with me or something?!!! I am not really a cat person but I thought it would be fun to do this swap and donate the quilt to Furry Friends Network. I really hope someone does a dog swap so I can have a dog and cat quilt to give them. I have one set cut out and ready to be sewn and embellished tomorrow so count me in! I am hoping to get more than the one set done but I'm not sure how many sets yet.
    Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 PM
    Power Poster

Oh good Lynnie...I can't wait to see your quilt home from Charisma...I know she will do a fantastic job on it! We'd still love to have you play with us..so we'll wait to see what you decide..

Craft phanatic...welcome! We'll have to see how this swap goes..if it works out like I'm sure it will..we'll follow it up with a doggie swap..I'm thinking along the same line as you..have both a cat AND dog quilt to donate. We'll see though. Can't wait to see your blocks!