Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap      Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

• FUNKY Cat Block Swap Sign up Deadline April 30, Mail date May 15, 2011

Old 06-04-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    So happy that you like them! I want to get busy putting mine together but I'm sidetracked right now with my little sick Puddy. She went back to the vet and evidently she has something pretty serious...things aren't looking good, but we have hope and are trying. Right now she is getting meds and I'm running an IV to flush her kidneys every 3 hrs. So... (being optomistic here)...when she gets a little bit better, I will get it done. I can't wait to see all your going together.
    So sorry to hear about your little furbaby! :cry: I hope she feels better very, very soon. Does the vet have any idea what it might be? :?
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Still no kitties for me. :-( Now no mail until Monday. I guess they are taking the scenic route to get here. :roll: I'm so anxious to see them, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to see me do they? :|
    Old 06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
    Power Poster

Oh...can't believe you still don't have them Pab, I can't remember whether yours were returned via Priority or 1st class...there were a couple that didn't go Priority. That might be the holdup.

The vet says his best "guess" is leaning towards Blastomycosis...a very rare (in cats) lung fungus. At least this is treatable...not easily, but we can at least try! At first he said, this or lung cancer. Now he is leaning more heavily on the fungus after consulting with other vets.
    Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Pat I am so sorry about your baby. Hope she is better soon.
    Old 06-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Poor little kitty. Sending up a prayer she'll get better....
    Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 PM

Wow!! I hope whatever treatment the vet decides to use will quickly clear it up!! ;)

As far as my AWOL kitties are concerned, I actually not too surprised that they haven't arrived yet. My father lives in East Tennessee near Greenville, and it has taken almost a week for him to receive mail from me and me from him!! I don't know why that is, and we've never been able to figure it out! My mother lives in the southwestern corner of Virginia about 2-2 1/2 hours away from daddy, and I never have that problem with mailing her anything or receiving anything from her. I don't know what happens on the way to Tennessee, but it HAS happened to me before. :roll: I would think they should arrive on Monday -- Tuesday at the latest (I hope!!).
    Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM

HOPE KITTY GETS BETTER VERY SOON, IS THAT HER IN THE PIC, LOVE KITTIES FOR SURE, ALL WILL B FINE
    Old 06-04-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
    HOPE KITTY GETS BETTER VERY SOON, IS THAT HER IN THE PIC, LOVE KITTIES FOR SURE, ALL WILL B FINE
    ;) I was referring to Sandpat's kitty. The kitty in my avatar is my little Bitsy. It was taken about 10 or 11 months ago. She was a runt and was nearly dead when I brought her home from my aunt's house in Virginia last June. At 9-10 weeks old she could completely fit in the palm of one of my hands. Her siblings would have taken about 1 1/2 hands. She's still pretty small, and won't get any bigger than she is now -- she's shorter than what she should be. She is such a sweetie. She has a big "sister" named Gracie who is "normal" size. They just love each other!! :D
    Old 06-05-2011, 05:54 AM

Sandpat, I hope your furbaby gets on the mend quickly.

I got my kitties last week, and I got a shoecat! :D Will post a pic when I put them up on my design wall. I have another project up there right now, and since I've got about 10 others on my work table, I dont' want to pull it down just yet!
    Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 AM
    Power Poster

Well Pab, I sure hope you get them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing all these quilts being born!

Thanks all for your kind wishes about Puddy....here is my poor little Puddy. She got another treatment today and is still wearing this IV port so I can flush her every 3 hrs. She is such an angel of a patient, just like she is all the time.

Puddy...not up to par
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]206999[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-206993.jpe