Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

• FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 03-30-2011, 03:59 PM

I was checking out all the blocks everyone has posted..........Mariposa........I don't recall seeing any done by our great leader...........did I miss them.................
    Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM
    Power Poster

cat--hehehe! Nope you didn't miss them! I didn't any pics except my avatar one. I will soon! :)
    Old 03-31-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
    cat--hehehe! Nope you didn't miss them! I didn't any pics except my avatar one. I will soon! :)
    Saving the best for last............

Boy did I just put some pressure on you........hehehehehe
    Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 AM

It has gotten so slow here at work that I truly look forward to visiting with you gals on this site. I remembered my scissors today, actually have the sewing machine in the office for lunch break, brought in the skinned, rubber chicken block to stitch on for details. Have two more cut out, paper off and ready for the background which is cut and set to press, just don't have an iron here at office, but will get on them at home tonight. One more chicken set to cut out and then will get on block tonight and ready for stitching. After searching and finding these patterns, I found a nice Rooster on a block calendar that was hiding in my garage from several years ago. It is a block a day calendar that you can only use when the day of week is on with the date. I do not think I will have time to get it done for this exchange so I may have to add him to mine. We will see how it goes this weekend. Have a prom dress to get done with daughter and she is home this weekend so knowing her, we will be sewing that up. Thank God I have a Bernina that does a great job with all fabrics. If there is some left over, I may just incorporate it in a block to add pizzaz to my quilt. The satin is so pretty and soft, maybe put it on a fox as his disguise going into the chicken coop.
    Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 AM

Yeah for QuilterMom! Now you do need a travel iron. I have a Rowenta travel iron that I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond using a coupon. It works so nice. It folds up nicely also. Nice you have projects for when your job leaves you with not much to do.

When I was in your situation about 7-8 years ago, I searched online for my DH. I found him too, 7 years ago in June. He is the best! :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 AM

My husband cooks, cleans, works, and is great so I think I will skip that part. I have spent a little extra money because I am shopping online. I just purchased some new templates for my longarm so I can do different designs with circles and ovals. That should be fun, but I have to be home for that. So I am drawing on the scrap paper with ideas. I came up with one on my heart bargello I did. I will put roses with leaves in a feather design in center and then add bouquets on the corners with a leaf feather on the border. Should be nice. Just need to focus on that. My chickens will come first though. I am looking forward to my blocks. May even hang it here in the office to have more fun and color.
    Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
    Power Poster

this may sound sick to oall of you, keep in mind, i have A.D.H.D. and think completely outta the box, when i was little, about 3 or 4 i want to iron on things on my shirt, my mom said no. go to bed, so i snuck out of be, and turned on the light, and slowly ironed on things on my t-shirt with the heate4d light blub.. sooo.... when you need an iron, and your crazy and resoiurceful like me, use thelight blub in the center of the iron on, just to hld a bit, so you can start appliquing on. good luck.
    Old 03-31-2011, 10:02 AM

LOL, LOL... Lynnie, you must have been a handful for your Mom. Sounds like you were creative though :-D
    Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 AM

My daughter had to come to town to get her check so she brought in my little iron and portable board so I get to iron a well during the lunch hour. I have all of my sets (4)cut out, paper off, backing ready, so I can iron onto the backs and get them stitched. I may not get them all done during the lunch break, but I am on a roll. I hope I still get to be in the exchange even though my blocks are not done today. I am really trying. I think they will be flown out of the coop by Monday, but not later than Wednesday. I do like the light bulb idea for an iron, I work for an electrical contractor and there are exposed light bulbs around here.
    Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
    this may sound sick to oall of you, keep in mind, i have A.D.H.D. and think completely outta the box, when i was little, about 3 or 4 i want to iron on things on my shirt, my mom said no. go to bed, so i snuck out of be, and turned on the light, and slowly ironed on things on my t-shirt with the heate4d light blub.. sooo.... when you need an iron, and your crazy and resoiurceful like me, use thelight blub in the center of the iron on, just to hld a bit, so you can start appliquing on. good luck.
    Where there is a will, there is always a way. Great way to use the mind.