Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >
  • FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

• FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Yeah, I think once we have the sewing room back in one piece we will be done for a while. The living room was a month long project and DH still wants to build a mantel around the new fireplace, but I think we are all ready for a break. The kids were glad to get to play in the whole house now instead of them getting kicked out everytime they came in so that they wouldn't be breathing in the fumes. Sooooo glad to be able to take a break for a little while.
    Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Hey girls,
    I'm having separation anxiety and can't concentrate on my hawaiian star. I keep looking at patterns for chickens!

It's going to be a long couple of months for me.
    Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM

I sewed the chicken down I'm using buttons for eyes I will post a picture later.
    Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Jami, your chixie girls are darling. And, I know my chickens love ladybugs and other bugs. Yummies for their tummies!

Do your girls have names? :-D
    Oh yes, the real chickens in the yard were all named by my kids.
    Let's see - Cauli (white), Sparkles, Brownie (Peep), Peyton, Lucky... OH, almost forgot Myrtle and Gertrude, the two Buff Orpingtons... so fluffy and pretty!

Lucky and Myrtle
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]112645[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-112640.jpe  
    Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by heyjami
    Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Jami, your chixie girls are darling. And, I know my chickens love ladybugs and other bugs. Yummies for their tummies!

Do your girls have names? :-D
    Oh yes, the real chickens in the yard were all named by my kids.
    Let's see - Cauli (white), Sparkles, Brownie (Peep), Peyton, Lucky... OH, almost forgot Myrtle and Gertrude, the two Buff Orpingtons... so fluffy and pretty!
    Oh, Lucky & Myrtle are beautiful. We don't have little ones so our chickens don't have names. Do the two funky chickens have names?

Our real cows have names though but then, that's another story.

Ewwww, wouldn't a funky cow swap be fun Mariposa :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?:
    Old 02-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Love this swap.............you never know what will be posted.....live chicken pictures..........I will say they are very pretty........

I'm laughing because of my love for these funky chickens........never had a live chicken or farm animal.......infact when I was a kid many many many years ago I would ride with my Grandfather to different farms.......he was a milk inspector.........he couldn't get me out of the car because I was scared of all the animals........especially cows..............and now look at me..........can't get enough of those funky chickens....and I love the conversation...........continue clucking........ :lol:
    Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
    Love this swap.............you never know what will be posted.....live chicken pictures..........I will say they are very pretty........ (Thank you! I love them!)

I'm laughing because of my love for these funky chickens........never had a live chicken or farm animal.......infact when I was a kid many many many years ago I would ride with my Grandfather to different farms.......he was a milk inspector.........he couldn't get me out of the car because I was scared of all the animals........especially cows..............and now look at me..........can't get enough of those funky chickens....and I love the conversation...........continue clucking........ :lol:
    Cows scare me too - they are huge! I feel like they could squash me like a bug. Maybe not a Jersey but the dairy cows are gigantic! But it makes me happy to see them in the fields grazing and wandering about.

I don't know if I'd be so excited about a cow swap. Chickens are just plain cute! Now a piggy swap I could get on board with... ;-)
    Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM

oh oh oh I love Piggies
    my dad used to raise them

ya know we could just do one of funky "farm animals" then we could have cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep etc...????

Originally Posted by heyjami
    Originally Posted by catpawski
    Love this swap.............you never know what will be posted.....live chicken pictures..........I will say they are very pretty........ (Thank you! I love them!)

Cows scare me too - they are huge! I feel like they could squash me like a bug. Maybe not a Jersey but the dairy cows are gigantic! But it makes me happy to see them in the fields grazing and wandering about.

I don't know if I'd be so excited about a cow swap. Chickens are just plain cute! Now a piggy swap I could get on board with... ;-)
    Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM

A funky Farm swap! That sounds like a blast to me..
    Old 02-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
    A funky Farm swap! That sounds like a blast to me..
    TERRIFIC, A FUNKY FARM SWAP! Mariposa, Mariposa, where O where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... ?

PS: cows are cool, ours are about half the size of a Jersey and if you wiggle your little finger they will start to get away from you~~~even our bulls. Afraid of a cow, who ever heard of such a thing.... LOL, you city girls! :-D :-D :-D :lol:

I should say 'city folk' as I don't know if there are any guys on this swap. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.