Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • FUNKY FARM BLOCK SWAP-Sign up Deadline Extended! Aug. 1, 2011 >
  • FUNKY FARM BLOCK SWAP-Sign up Deadline Extended! Aug. 1, 2011

• FUNKY FARM BLOCK SWAP-Sign up Deadline Extended! Aug. 1, 2011

Old 05-16-2011, 09:16 AM
    Power Poster

love the chickie and the shhep,all so cute, i can't wait to get started on this on.

oh and by the way, i'm starting on a funky SAFARi quilt next. hot pink striped zebras, ricrac toothed crocks, lacy and shaggy maned lions, think of the bright colored birds, bugs and tress. but ..... i gotta finish this and the chickens fir4st. anyone thinkibng of hosting a funky and don't know what to do???????
    Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
    Power Poster

lynnie-I'll do it! :)
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie
    love the chickie and the shhep,all so cute, i can't wait to get started on this on.

oh and by the way, i'm starting on a funky SAFARi quilt next. hot pink striped zebras, ricrac toothed crocks, lacy and shaggy maned lions, think of the bright colored birds, bugs and tress. but ..... i gotta finish this and the chickens fir4st. anyone thinkibng of hosting a funky and don't know what to do???????
    Oh, a Funky Safari sounds so-o-o cute!!!! BTW: what stitch are you using for your applique? I'm too timid to try to do machine applique around little details so I would sure like you to give me a hint or two (or more) as to your secret!! :D :D
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:51 PM

I'm lurking and am wondering if it would be possible to keep a running list of the different animals/themes being made for this swap? It would be really neat to have diversified farms.
    Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 PM

WOW! such cute blocks! This is an awesome swap!! I have found some really cute patterns just have to get busy and try to catch up to lynnie!
    Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM

So far, from reading through the previous pages, looks like there will be cows, goats, PIGS, sheep, chickens, veggies, and a bunch of stuff from Lynnie, who will defintey have a diverse farm. Maybe some barns and tractors in there too. I really like what I'm seeing! I'm going to add it to my project list....and will lurk until I actually make something, so don't add me yet.
    Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 AM
    Power Poster

The different subjects of the blocks can be listed on the Group Activity page. They may already be...:oops: I haven't checked.
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by pab58
    Originally Posted by lynnie

Oh, a Funky Safari sounds so-o-o cute!!!! BTW: what stitch are you using for your applique? I'm too timid to try to do machine applique around little details so I would sure like you to give me a hint or two (or more) as to your secret!! :D :D
    i use a small zig-zag, i have a crummy machine with only a few stitches, my old machine, i used an Heirlom stitch. dont have that now. i don't have a pivot or needle down, so i just go s l o w l y it does go fast that way, not to many screw ups. i've been quilting over 40 yrs, and just started do Machine Applique (always did it by hand duh what was wrong with me) and now just can;t stop.
    start with a scrap of fab, and play as you go, go straight at fiorst till you get the hang of it. it'll come eazy,.
    NOW if i can just learns to machine quilt.
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 AM

Using a short stitch on machine applique helps a lot I've found--especially on small curves and pieces.
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Thanks Lynnie for the tips!!! :thumbup: