Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

• Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 04-11-2010, 01:45 PM
    Gal

Just a quick question, can I add strips to my block to make it the correct size eg divisable by 3? Also can I make all different blocks for the swap, if I decide to go ahead?
    I have my great neice over for a few days so I won't get much playing done as I have to make a cushion for her sisters birthday,but hpoe I can get some cut out at least, I am really enjoying this!

Gal
    Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM

I'm so mad, I worked all afternoon on some blocks, took a picture and because my DH "fixed" my computer, it will no longer download my pictures!!! Now he says, "I don't know, maybe I didn't do the driver for the camera right, you'll have to re-install it. Where's the disc?" Like he doesn't keep all the utility discs. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
    Sorry, just had to vent, I REALLY want you to see this one, I can't even tell you what song will have to be added to the CD--that would give it away. LOL
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    Okay. Inspired by Chele's little guys, here's a funky 6x6. Has anybody tried to make a 3x3 yet? I'm going to attempt it but that sure is tiny! (And I mean 3x3 finished, of course. It'd be 3.5x3.5 unfinished.)
    I made a test 3.5x3.5 if you look on page 2 I think (it was one of the first few pages). isn't wasn't too hard, but not much room for error!! :) :)

Love the turkey LOL

Rachel
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gal
    Just a quick question, can I add strips to my block to make it the correct size eg divisable by 3? Also can I make all different blocks for the swap, if I decide to go ahead?
    I have my great neice over for a few days so I won't get much playing done as I have to make a cushion for her sisters birthday,but hpoe I can get some cut out at least, I am really enjoying this!

Gal
    Yes you can add strips to make it the right size!! So long as the house itself is pieced, everything else is up to your creativity. You can make different blocks for the swap, but I find it easier to make all 6 the same because then I can chain piece them. But you are welcome to make 6 different ones in a set, or do 6 the same in a set and do 3 or 4 different sets! It's up to you. :)

Rachel
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    I'm so mad, I worked all afternoon on some blocks, took a picture and because my DH "fixed" my computer, it will no longer download my pictures!!! Now he says, "I don't know, maybe I didn't do the driver for the camera right, you'll have to re-install it. Where's the disc?" Like he doesn't keep all the utility discs. AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
    Sorry, just had to vent, I REALLY want you to see this one, I can't even tell you what song will have to be added to the CD--that would give it away. LOL
    I do hope you getting it working soon!! I cannot wait to see it! :)

Rachel
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Oooh Rachel your 3x3 is cute. I found it on page 3. Just finished one of my own and I really like it. Not much room for doors, windows, etc as you said but hey if you use cool fabrics simple can be cool too.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-53490.jpe  
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    Oooh Rachel your 3x3 is cute. I found it on page 3. Just finished one of my own and I really like it. Not much room for doors, windows, etc as you said but hey if you use cool fabrics simple can be cool too.
    Love it!! We will need some of the smaller ones too to fit everything together I am sure.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM

GEEZZZZZZZ!!! I started a Funky Quilt Shop today! Can't wait to share!
    Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
    Power Poster

How cute the little guy is!!! ANd the turkey is cute too!!!

Rapture....my brain is just skipping (like the beginning fuzz on the old vinyl records)....waiting for your new block!!!! Hurryy!!!!
    Old 04-11-2010, 04:37 PM

I've tried and tried, it just won't work. My DH's leg is bothering him, he's been on it a lot lately and that just doesn't work well with a prosthesis. So he can't go upstairs and work on my computer today. I'm just going to keep sewing and see what I come up with. I've got TWO new ones now. We might have to try something else, maybe if I print them out, then scan them in, then transfer them to a file. . . . . being computer illiterate I don't even know if that will work.

Oh, has anyone ever heard that old wives tale:
    "For every stitch you sew on Sunday, you'll rip out two on Monday"? Well, I'm not sure if it's true or not but things sure have gone wrong today. In addition to being unable to upload pix, I've some how had small pieces of fabric get between the layers that I'm sewing (twice), I've had to rip out several seams and to top that off, I had my ironing board at chair level so that I could just turn and press and accidentally touched my right boob with the iron. I now know why grandma got rid of her wringer washer. Maybe I should quit for the day.