Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st >
  • Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

• Funky Neighborhood Swap - Closed - Mail Date July 1st

Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 AM

[quote=deranged_damsel]LOL I lived in the south FAR to long LOL at least 50% of the houses had wheels underneath. I sure do miss it, the people are unlike any others :D

----------------------------------

The people sure were unlike any others, and they certainly kept us entertained. In spite of all the tatoos and missing teeth, their hearts were in the right place (and I'm talking about the women here. The men were in a category by themselves.).
    Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM

[quote=Nancy in Louisiana]
    Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    LOL I lived in the south FAR to long LOL at least 50% of the houses had wheels underneath. I sure do miss it, the people are unlike any others :D

----------------------------------

The people sure were unlike any others, and they certainly kept us entertained. In spite of all the tatoos and missing teeth, their hearts were in the right place (and I'm talking about the women here. The men were in a category by themselves.).
    LOL I lived in AL GA for six years! I picked up ALOT of good manners :) ohhhhhhh I miss the FOOD
    Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 AM

LOL I lived in AL GA for six years! I picked up ALOT of good manners :) ohhhhhhh I miss the FOOD[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------

What food specifically, the squirrel or 'possum? (Yes folks, those squirrels you buy corn for and laugh at are actually a delicacy down here. I don't believe they taste anything like chicken.) And those beautiful mourning doves we all love to watch and listen to. And of course the crawfish -- up north we knew them as crayfish, and were introduced to them on a dissecting tray in high school biology. Now here the natives scoop them out of roadside ditches and set the water to boiling for rice.
    Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM

[quote
    What food specifically, the squirrel or 'possum? (Yes folks, those squirrels you buy corn for and laugh at are actually a delicacy down here. I don't believe they taste anything like chicken.) And those beautiful mourning doves we all love to watch and listen to. And of course the crawfish -- up north we knew them as crayfish, and were introduced to them on a dissecting tray in high school biology. Now here the natives scoop them out of roadside ditches and set the water to boiling for rice.[/quote]

the CATFISH! ohhhhhhh to die for for sure! my favorite place was a little mom and pop, they also had the BEST fried green tomatos!!! now I have to go back to visit the food :lol: Dh loved the crawfish, he could eat a whole platter.
    Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Ahhh, southern cooking--if you can't deep fry, pan fry, or boil it, put sugar on it.
    Old 04-26-2010, 02:51 PM
    Power Poster

You can actually boil food????? :shock: I thought it was ALL fried! :lol: (including the candy bars and twinkies!)
    Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Nah -- if you can't fry it, you smoke it. Add a little "Tony's (Southern hot seasoning salt) and it all pretty much tastes the same.
    Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
    Power Poster

Yup...I'm a true southern gal....if it isn't fried, I just about can't eat it....well...the exception would be chocolate of course...oh..and pasta...I love Pasta!
    Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Y'all the food in the South is wicked awesome!! :) That's what you get when you plant a northerner in the south for 5 years. hehe But I did manage to catch me a good southern boy from South Carolina, and move him north, much to the chagrin of his family! :) :)

Rachel
    Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM

Well, I'm sort of half hillbilly--mama was Kentuckian and I went to college in Eastern Tennessee. What's weird is that when I'm talking about towns in the North like Danville or Shelbyville I pronounce it "ville" but if its Knoxville or Louisville I, still to this day, use the "vl" and when talking about Maryville, Tn. I still say it the way I heard it first pronounced to me----Mervl!
    But Southern cooking is still the best.

BTW, I got a good nights sleep last night and a great nap today. I'm starting to feel human again and as soon as I run some errands tomorrow I'm ready to get back on the Funky Neighborhood bandwagon.