• Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3 >
  • Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3

• Happy New Year Swap - Mail by date: December 3

Old 10-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Oh..I am on my toes and listening :mrgreen:
    Enjoy the craft show leilady :P
    Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    We have a craft fair this weekend....maybe I can find some additional things to add to my box for my SP!!! Candi, SulaBug, and everyone else......you listening??? LOL
    I am here listening too!! :thumbup: As luck would have it, I am going to a craft fair tomorrow & am hoping to find something really neat for my Secret Swap partner!! Hmmm I wonder who she/he might be!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 AM

has anyone mailed their box yet? I haven't still working on it.
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 AM

I started packing mine last night. Trying to pull all I want into the package.
    I am going to try and hold off mailing till the end of Nov.
    There is a craft fair on post next week, and a few more in the month of Nov. So I am going to shop as much as I can.
    Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM

I have my box packed but am waiting to see if I need to unpack a few things after I go to the Craft Fair....who knows what wonderful things I might find for my SP!!! I can't wait to see what wonderful lovely things other crafters will have for sale!!! I will be like a kid in a candy store!!! LOL
    Old 10-22-2011, 07:15 AM

me either. only for the holidays do i enjoy creating new dishes for my family to try.

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    The collectible is related to something s/he likes to do besides quilting. My partner provided a great list and we share many similar hobbies and favorite colors although we collect different things...well, with the exception of Fabric!!! If you like to cook, travel and read, this may be YOU.
    :lol: Well, I know it isn't me because I don't like to cook!! :lol:
    Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 AM

i will mail mine near the end of november. after all it is sorta a christmas/new year kinda surprise. plus i still gotta construct a few things for my secret pal. she enjoys things other than quilting.

just checking, would area restaurant gift certificates be a good gift to include in the box? how many of you enjoy dining out? what are some of your favorite restaurants?

anyone enjoy the things from harry & david shops? just checking.

Originally Posted by owlvamp
    has anyone mailed their box yet? I haven't still working on it.
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Well, I only have a few things ready for my pal...trying to get my secret Santa package out first then I can focus more on this one since it doesn't have to go as far :mrgreen:

Havplenty, you have great gift ideas, I seem to focus on quilting stuff when I am thinking of packages here but I am sure many would enjoy dining out gift certificates. Personally, I am a little picky about where I eat and what I eat, so very rarely eat out, hubby and I both enjoy cooking and don't run out of recipes to try, and rather have candlelight undisturbed dinners at home :lol: yes, we are a little weird :lol: :mrgreen: that being said, you never know what we may do if we do get a gift certificate, lol.
    Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 AM

well there will be crafting things in my package but i just want to include something outside of crafting. harry & david has some great gift packages and wonderful chocolates.

we still need to eat and snack while we quilt, sew, crochet, knit & craft. especially having lunch while we christmas shop with friends. right? :-)

i should narrow the restaurant gift certificates to lunching with friends or family. i know many of us do that especially when we are out shopping or taking in a movie. ladies/gents think about having lunch with friends while christmas shopping or fabric shop hopping (i.e. olive garden, red lobster, applebees, macaroni grill, maggiano's, chevy's, etc.). what kinda restaurants would you like to go to then? the restaurant certificates are good for one year.

Originally Posted by candi
    Well, I only have a few things ready for my pal...trying to get my secret Santa package out first then I can focus more on this one since it doesn't have to go as far :mrgreen:

Havplenty, you have great gift ideas, I seem to focus on quilting stuff when I am thinking of packages here but I am sure many would enjoy dining out gift certificates. Personally, I am a little picky about where I eat and what I eat, so very rarely eat out, hubby and I both enjoy cooking and don't run out of recipes to try, and rather have candlelight undisturbed dinners at home :lol: yes, we are a little weird :lol: :mrgreen: that being said, you never know what we may do if we do get a gift certificate, lol.
    Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    well there will be crafting things in my package but i just want to include something outside of crafting. harry & david has some great gift packages and wonderful chocolates.

we still need to eat and snack while we quilt, sew, crochet, knit & craft. especially having lunch while we christmas shop with friends. right? :-)

i should narrow the restaurant gift certificates to lunching with friends or family. i know many of us do that especially when we are out shopping or taking in a movie. ladies/gents think about
    having lunch with friends while christmas shopping or fabric shop hopping (i.e. olive garden, red lobster, applebees, macaroni grill, maggiano's, chevy's, etc.). what kinda restaurants would you like to go to then? the restaurant certificates are good for one year.

Originally Posted by candi

What a great idea of giving a gift certificate for a restaurant, Havplenty. It's too bad that those kinds of gifts cannot be used here in Hawaii. So many stores and restaurants that you have on the mainland U.S. and we are so isolated here....wouldn't be able to use them. :o(