Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:51 PM

Hairquilt we must have posted the same time. Glad to hear that you are staying. sorry to hear about your DD. Will keep you in our prayers.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Hairquilt and TOOMANYUFO's,
I'm happy y'all are sticking around. One of the angel pkgs I sent to is fairly a "newbie" here. This was the 2nd swap she'd signed up for, and the 2nd time she'd sent her item out, but didn't receive.. or it appeared she wasn't going to...
That stuff makes me more sad than anything..

I absolutely realize emergencies happen. But to just not even try to at least quickly pm the hostess to say, "I can't fulfill my part...", I just don't understand it.
And unless it's the person who is incapacitated, I'd imagine if it were me, I'd send back or to the hostess any pkg I got. That way it could be sent out to someone else who did fulfill their part.

For the most part, we're all pretty good people here
And I just want everyone to enjoy the swaps.

Regards all,
Kif
PS Hairquilt,
Still praying for your daughter, and you!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Prayers for you and your daughter Hairquilt.
Kiffie and the others are right about most on this board are very caring, wonderful, people. I don't mean that the others aren't good people, because I am sure they are, but they do need to try their best to make contact with someone. It's just better for everyone that way. No one even asks for only the swappers that are experienced and talented, because if they did they would have kicked me out long ago. lol..... I am just being silly, because they all know I am here trying to learn more as I go along. It's a wonderful board. I am just saying all this for any new person to the board so that you know that things can happen, but for the most part it's a wonderful community here of great people.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:42 PM

Brats quilt is post 1314 JuneBillie.

I'm gonna try to link it?
502779d1418780698-dscf2432.jpg
Old 12-18-2014, 05:48 PM

You did great at linking it, Teresa. I was going to try and do it so glad you beat me to it. I am glad most of us on this board are good swappers. And...I know that life sometimes gets in the way. I know a little about my secret partner and know that she has some hard family issues to deal with. I am thinking that is why she hasn't posted. Probably QB is furthest thing from her mind right now. I will stick to my original plan and if she hasn't posted by Tuesday 23rd, I will share pic of what I sent her just so you all can see. Linda, hope your day was not too rough. I know it wears you out. Sending good thoughts to all those who need it tonight. Enjoy your MR's everyone and if when all this is over and anyone still has not received, I plan to make sure you get something...even if it comes to you in January!!!LOL!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:14 PM

I will post a picture of the mugrug I sent to Monroe, tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

my stocking are posted at photos.
Hairquilt. will be praying for your darling daughter.
I've been in the hospital, and always mail b4 or have my dh mail for me.I'd never be late, but that's just me. I always make b4 the signup. Hair quilt, i'm so sorry you had to go thru this. we're all really nice here.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM

Here is my "angel" package from Kiffie! She is a sweetheart! She read up about me and learned of my love for the New Orleans Saints and made me this fabulous mug rug....LOVE IT! Also included a fleurdelis necklace, gorgeous batik fabrics and some of my fav little clips! What did we do without those little things before?? Kiffie, you did a fantastic job and you shouldn't "fret" over your work at all lady! This is only her third mug rug....didn't she do great?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503042[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0843.jpg  
Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM

ok lets try this here since either my brain is not working or you posted here and not to me. I apologize for each and every one of you who has not received. I want everyone to receive it is CHRISTMAS. so what I would like to do is start a list of missing mug rugs and then all angels write to me saying your picking x person can you have the address. this seems maybe like the way to rock and roll. I know my angels have several mug rugs waiting to be sent out so I simply need that list please. just cut paste and then insert a new list with your name on it. it wont be so secret but it will be Christmas finished right. remember mug rugs not Christmas fix the don't worry its too late to receive. its never to late to make a new friend.

missing mug rugs:
too many ufo's
hairquilt

ok add your name. and they will be taken up by our angels. trust me. I know it to be true.

I went to the doctors yesterday and am very tired today. lucky thing: I got to go to this little Brewery Montana Brewery for lunch and it was such a massive treat for us. last time I went out to lunch was over a year ago so a big treat for me. and after a bunch of doctor visits and not great news (ok it was a good news bad news thing) I was so surprised to go to out. I asked for it but well he said he wanted to just go home.. pulled in to Hardeys for lunch and I thought oh well fast food to go I get it.. and then he pulled right through to go to the restaurant. then he parks in front of a deli and says ok lets go. I say no no its ok bummed didn't want a deli.. and turned out the restaurant was right behind us across the street. sneaky guy. had a great half sandwich on RYE (oh my) and hot pastrami and swiss OMG yeah it was a happy day. I am not actually supposed to eat rye but crave it. I don't buy it because I am afraid I will eat it all up. I grew up on dark rye. German food and all and oh it was a sweet memory. so it was my lucky day ladies in spite of the hospital trip. and no surgery for a day! what the heck? novelty!!! I go back for one in a week or so but it was lovely to pretend for one day I was normal. yahoo!

remember add your name to that list and the angels.. will come calling to me. please don't be shy or say I am fine don't worry. I know even when I say that.. it still feels wrong. I had an entire quilt missing for a swap I did quilt for quilters. a QUILT. made one sent one and she went missing. zip gone. moved no new address. no forwarding.. cant find her. that kind of missing. a woman who had 500 plus posts here.. gone. then a couple weeks ago two angels came forward and sent to me a quilt. an entire quilt. one had sewn it and quilted it, the other bound it and sent it to me. Themamahauser and Cindy from the quilt for quilters swap did this for me. I never have felt more blessed. a quilt for dialysis and a quilt for me on the couch. So there are angels who care. There are good people here. Don't quit because twice you have been hurt. KEEP YOUR FAITH. good people who do good things for others. You do have to post on this list so angels can be able to help. Its a gift for them too btw. it makes them feel good to help you. Don't discount the gift of allowing them to help. It does matter XOX to all of you. We are a good group. Period.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM

missing mug rugs:
too many ufo's
hairquilt
NELCO

see how easy that is (new I forgot one) its right click CUT is list then go to the quick reply and then right click PASTE and tada your there. (oh yeah first highlight the area you want to copy then hit cut duh!)