Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:52 AM

and to you also Gannyrosie. I wish the joy of the holidays extend long beyond the actual date. Its a love that you cant compare to anything on earth. You cant buy it that is for sure.

I am ever so thankful for ALL the angels we have had this time. poor Kiffie did 6 angel swaps. Nothing in return just did them out of the goodness of her heart. That is a miracle angel if you ask me. Please extend your thank yous to every angel who made this a fun swap for all. Not one was obligated and they all came through when asked. Remember that maybe next month we might need a couple angels and it might be others turns to step up and help out. I hope we get a better group of people swapping. its not uncommon for ten percent to be cop outs. its sad but true. I just wish we had a way of making that easier but its hard blocking them all. I will personally block anyone who has not sent without good reason. jacie had an excellent reason but not in a good way. We can forgive that easily. others not so quickly.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM

That's wonderful news about Jacie!! Prayer does work! Congrats Brat- better start on that wedding quilt! QuilterJody-I'm so happy U liked the MR & thanks for kind words in description! Kiffie I know U are my Angel-I am north of you & 9 letters in my name-can't wait to get it! We'll miss U in Valentines swap but I know that DH requires & wants ALL your time! Hope he does well! Lynnie maybe that can be our New Years Resolution to learn how to post our pics! LOL!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all my quilting friends on this wonderful Board!!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:34 AM

I'm in for the valentine swap also! This has been such a fun one! Brat I'm sorry I didn't come thru as one of your angels like I planned, they scheduled hubby's very serious surgery for the 20th so I've been scrambling to get every thing done for Christmas . Then it was postponed a couple days before..now is scheduled for the10th. Now we get to go thru all the pre surgery jitters again! I was so happy to hear about Jacie, sounds like she also had a rough surgery, sure hope her recovery is swift and easy going.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

So glad everyone's getting fairly good news.
wishing everyone a happy, healthy, blessed New year. and Christmas.
Looking forward to the Valentine swap. More fun!!
Old 12-23-2014, 10:05 AM

I just finished reading several days worth of posts. What beautiful Mug Rugs, I would be happy with each and everyone of them.
I do not have a camera at present so I cannot take a picture of the mug rug I received.
The tree mug rug I sent to Belden is really simple to do.
1... It is made by adding Steam A Seam 2 to the back of a square of fabric.
2... Cut the piece into thin ribbons 1/4 inch or less on the bias, making one end come to a point, top of branch.
3... make a background you like including more fabric if you want to make it a mug rug.
4... Follow that with pressing a few of the pieces into the shape of a tree.
5... Add batting and backing at this point.
6... then sew over the tree shapes already on the background.
7... Add more to the trunk and branches a little at a time until you are happy with the shape.
8... now finish quilting the tree and extend the quilting lines beyond the end of the top pieces a little bit.

If this not clear enough PM me and I will give you my Phone number for more information.

Merry Christmas to each of you. I will spend the day with family and fix a big dinner in the evening.

This is my first exchange and I am really enjoying all of the chatter, even though I do not chatter myself much.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 AM

I too am sending wonderful Christmas wishes to all on this board. Thankful that there are good medical folks who can help out folks who need it. Thankful too, that there are so many 'angels' who help out when needed. Trish B...I am going to try out your method for the tree (since I do genealogy) and will post a pic of my first attempt!(Next month) May all of you have a wonderful New Year. Quilty hugs to all of you!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
and to you also Gannyrosie. I wish the joy of the holidays extend long beyond the actual date. Its a love that you cant compare to anything on earth. You cant buy it that is for sure.

I am ever so thankful for ALL the anrgels we have had this time. poor Kiffie did 6 angel swaps. Nothing in return just did them out of the goodness of her heart. That is a miracle angel if you ask me. Please extend your thank yous to every angel who made this a fun swap for all. Not one was obligated and they all came through when asked. Remember that maybe next month we might need a couple angels and it might be others turns to step up and help out. I hope we get a better group of people swapping. its not uncommon for ten percent to be cop outs. its sad but true. I just wish we had a way of making that easier but its hard blocking them all. I will personally block anyone who has not sent without good reason. jacie had an excellent reason but not in a good way. We can forgive that easily. others not so quickly.

Au Contraire, my dear Brat...
I got a big amazing surprise (very, could've knocked me over with a feather surprised) pkg from Vitality...in addition to the amazing, wonderful friendships I've gained from this board...
Lastly, as I always say, I'll be an "angel" any way I can... Gotta erase some of the black marks I know are awaiting me at the Pearly Gates.
My son, who shares my and hubby's "unique" sense of humor has told me he's fairly certain it doesn't work like that. Oh, okay son...but I'm not taking that chance...

Regards,
Kif
Old 12-23-2014, 12:24 PM

TrishB,
Thank you for the instructions! And happy to have everyone here..chatterers and non chatterers alike.

Here's a pic of the "angel" mug rug I sent to NanaKathy55, sorry it's a dark pic, but it was night (or early a.m. when I took it. Maybe he's a lil night owl..teehee) and I didn't think to take a pic of the other goodies I sent. All I knew was she likes darker colors. The owl I just thought was cute:[ATTACH=CONFIG]503496[/ATTACH]
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20141223_142140.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-23-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:09 PM

That's adorable!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie
Such wonderful news for everyone! Engagements, Health, and Warm Hearts. Been extremely busy, baking and getting ready for the Holidays. If I don't get back till after the Holidays, I would like to extend Good Cheer, Strength, and Blessing of Good Health to all. I really have felt Blessed this season with all the wonderful people I've come in contact with on the board. Mary
And Mary, you are a blessing to others, warm-hearted, generous and kind! I was lucky to have been your swap partner. Have a wonderful holiday, Susan