Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MizMelly
I have a thought -- whomever gets Brat's name can PM someone else in the swap and swap names, and that way even Brat won't know who her secret santa is!
I agree, that's a great idea!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Will we be getting our secret swappers' info today? I know sign ups closed at noon. When I reread the "rules" it said we would get our names on the 10th and to keep it secret.

Is this true? I am SO excited!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
oh so I will be tossed to the wind... given to some unknown... lol... pondering just who is my partner... oh dear in deed!

THIS SWAP IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR SIGN UPS. So sorry but the time has come for me to sort out who gets who for the swap. this is a true challenge for me. oh dear yes it is. secret pals are NOT my area of expertise. I will try hard to make sure everyone has one partner to send to so that there are no boo whoo's to be found!

I have one person needed to swap Canada, one England and one Australia. Please notify me immediately if you can do any of them (oh what the heck or all of them!) lol. I have one person who will swap wherever. The woman in Canada is willing to swap to here and same with England. Australia is taken care of where she is sending.. need a sender to Australia however. So let me know... gracias Senoritas. We want everyone welcomed here. Newbies, sisters across the seas and hiding out in the cold frosty terrains (lol) of Canada to be welcome with open arms. so waiting for those flying fast as you can type emails saying pick me pick me! I appreciate it!

ok last but not least: I am asking all people with less than 1000 postings here to please send me a note once a week or post on the board once a week til the swap is over. I don't want anyone to disappear into the woodwork on me. If I don't hear from you in that week or see a posting I will write you. If you don't respond in 3 days I will have to repartner your swap and you will be dropped. I don't want any and I mean ANY bad feedback coming in come Dec. if I get it I will make a list and post it right here for all to see with your name on it. I am very serious about this. This is a fun swap, it should remain fun. That said if you don't send you wont be invited to play in any other swaps again. ok enough of the unfun stuff. sorry but it has to be said. the people here at the quilting board work hard to see that everyone enjoys themselves and I intend to make sure it happens (me the gimpo who gets worn out easy just typing these things so watch out lol). LET THE GAMES BEGIN. I will send you your secret pal either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I figure with eighty emails to copy paste and send it will take me forever! so be patient with me. if you don't hear by tomorrow evening send me an email to let me know I will see who I have pared you with and you should be set.
Just saw this! I will try and be patient. (Not my strongest character virtue. lol) Totally agree with the need to post regularly.

I think MizMelly had a terrific idea!
Old 10-10-2014, 01:27 PM

Got my name. Neener! Neener! Neener!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I agree, that's a great idea!!!
Terrific idea!!!!
I can swap wherever, Brat. Though it may be me who already said that to you..
K
Old 10-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Yay, I got my swapper info already! Fast work, Elisabrat! So the planning begins.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Got my name..... Checked her out....... Am planning to get sewing tomorrow morning...... Looking forward to playing here...

anyway, here is a clue to see if it is you I am sending to.......

my person...... Lives in the USA...... (How about that for a good clue - LOL LOL LOL)

Hugs

Caroline
Old 10-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
ok question: do you mind if I play? there is no secret when I assign someone me lol but who I send to would be a secret.. is that ok or you rather I wait in the wings and be an angel. I am praying NOBODY forgets to send. Its not fair for those who do send to not receive. Think about that please and do your best to follow through. I suggest dumb as this sounds you making your mug rug early on so no matter what its there and ready to go and then slowly find a couple little goodies to go with it. if you then put it in an envelope or small box... well its ready to mail when the time comes.

also question: what does everyone say about sending early but not opening? if you are game with this I will adjust that rule say .. from Nov 15th on you can send but the recipient MUST not open it before Dec. 15th. some people like to mail early and get things done. it must be mailed however by Dec 1st the latest. sound reasonable?

busy day with lots of questions. And I am no expert quilter by any means. I do my best. And stated you have lots of time to practice til your happy if you need help just send someone a PM and ask for advise. what the heck we all have things to learn. My stupid sewing machine was indeed the needle. After all that work it was the needle! and it looked perfectly straight when I took it out. thought what the heck.. tried a singer needle and boom it worked. btw kiffie those needles are not cheap at all. From Germany Sharps are very expensive plus I have to mail order them in so double expensive. I don't like changing them more than necessary. lucky for me someone gifted me a bunch of old singer needles they had from way back when (inherit them from grandma) and I had some in stock. phew!
Brat,
Compared to buying a new machine, or 2 ( Who does that you ask??!! Beats me..lalala)
Needles are a bargain! I buy Schmetz, Klasse, and Singer. And I love John James ones for my hand quilting..
What seems to work best is making sure to change the needle more than every decade...lol.. It's not just a bent needle that messes things up..
Oh, and make sure I use the correct needle for the thread I'm using. Ask me how I figured that simple rule out...
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
Got my name..... Checked her out....... Am planning to get sewing tomorrow morning...... Looking forward to playing here...

anyway, here is a clue to see if it is you I am sending to.......

my person...... Lives in the USA...... (How about that for a good clue - LOL LOL LOL)

Hugs

Caroline
Hmm....thinking, thinking....
K
Old 10-10-2014, 03:19 PM

Got my name! Starting my mug rug tonight. Her favorite color is .......oh no cant say,but it brightens are day.HEHE