Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Elsa being cut out completely, and Kristoff completed, it's almost time for back to quilting. Well, there is the infinity scarf I promised a friend I would cut the width in half for her, and the bathroom bench cushion, but those aren't too bad. Kristoff was a (word that starts with b and rhymes with a Halloween theme) to make because.....you have to make it from scratch. Every pattern company in the world has Elsa and Anna and Elsa's coronation dress and Anna's coronation dress, ad nauseam, but no Kristoff. Good thing it's a simplified Sami outfit.

Back on topic.

My partner lives not too far east of me. She and I have almost exactly the same favorite colors.

And for those who want hints. I have no animals. I drink coffee, black, and the stronger the better, but dark chocolate is good too. My obsession other than quilting is duplicate bridge. Tomorrow is a normal day. Working at the food bank in the morning and at early voting in the afternoon. Love to read and garden.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:23 AM

When everyone is finished making their mug rugs, you can come on over and join in the November pincushion swap. I just posted signups. We would love to have you!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:26 AM

Sorry Klaus, I'm not a pin cushion maker. Also have another swap and still working on this t-shirt quilt, which I've neglected this whole week. I think I need a break on swaps and stuff. I want to do some painting and rearranging in house. I also need to finally get ride of all my oldest daughters stuff. Tooooooooo many books, Japanese, Chinese, and Manga, Ugh... I want those closets mine, so I start organizing this fabric, which 2 years ago could have been put in a plastic container. Now, well, ya'll know how it gets.....
Old 10-24-2014, 01:38 PM

I read all these likes and dislikes and try and remember if I posted anything of the sort.

I drink coffee more than tea; I live in MN and winter will soon be upon us - I like a shot of brandy or bourbon in my coffee while sitting around on a cool evening; winter is my favorite season - nothing better than a deep breath of crisp morning air and that cold air helps kill off sick germs; I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate; I love old fashion sour cherry balls and lemon drops. I have many interests besides quilting and wish there was more time in the day to pursue my hobbies. I love and appreciate handmade items.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Not turning on the computer for a couple of days makes for lots of reading. My turn to tell likes and etc. Dark chocolate and any kind of tea are good. Cats are my pet of choice and like frog fabrics as well as green and most bright colors especially yellow. My car is bright blue and there are red chairs in my living room. Most neutrals are not in my quilts except black. Lots of bright flowers grow in my yard. Pastels make me look sick so shades of orange and yellow and purple are my shirt colors and sometimes red. Hoping this helps my partner.
There is an explosion of fabrics here too. Since retiring it has doubled in size and still only make the same number of items each year. Must be time to stay out of the fabric store, but there is a shop hop, and my friends want me ride with them. OH Dear!!!! What to do!!!
Old 10-24-2014, 02:21 PM

I am still in. Horrible day today.
I like coming here, reading the funny comments and seeing eye candy in the other threads.

I feel like the opposite of so many posters. Not crazy about batiks - only have a few. But I've seen some beautiful quilts batik quilts. Don't like fossil ferns either - do they still make that fabric?

Never drink coffee. Love tea. My treat to myself is loose tea. I'm well-stocked for the winter. Rather not have edibles because of allergies.

I think I know which fabrics I'm using. Colors were on the list! Pattern not sure. I always make at least one extra of whatever I'm swapping in case of mistakes. I'd rather cut everything out at once than start again.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by beaqltr

I feel like the opposite of so many posters. Not crazy about batiks - only have a few. But I've seen some beautiful quilts batik quilts. Don't like fossil ferns either - do they still make that fabric?
Yep, Moda has a line of fossil fern fabrics. They make great blenders!
Old 10-24-2014, 02:34 PM

Gannyrosie, just sayin', I love French General fabrics! They have some of my favorites. And hexies, too. Maybe I'm the lucky one????
Old 10-24-2014, 03:16 PM

Change of plans for me...based on a post my SP made I have a completely new idea for her Mug Rug.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 PM

I love most colors, except those kind of glow in the dark bright colors, expecially lime green. Honestly, I'd be happy with whatever my partner would make as I really appreciate the work that is put into a project, be it big or small. Also, I like tea, nothing decaf, especially spiced or chai teas, also those flavored packet of hot choc. Love dark choc with caramel. Looking forward to this swap even though I haven't started mine. They don't take long to make so I'm not worried about completing it.