Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
Kiffie what size are those mug rugs? They are really pretty. They give me some inspiration for some like those for Christmas.
I think they're about 7" x 9", give or take.
I have a photo editor I have to use to be able to post pics here using my Kindle. But when I crop photos, it puts that oval frame around..so it looks like they're oval, but they're actually just sneak peeks and they're rectangles.
Kif
Old 10-30-2014, 04:34 AM

Nice birthday, nice son, Sandra-P!
I've got my mug rugs ready to send, but have no problem with waiting couple weeks. It's only a lil pkg that can sit on my side table waiting to be dropped by post office. Doesn't take up much room at all..
K
Old 10-30-2014, 05:16 AM

I usually make my mug rugs 8x9, but this one turned out a little bigger.
I sign mine with a pig a pen on the back.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 AM

Happy B-day Sandra, what a great present! Those unexpected ones are always nice.
Don't worry about those kitties ladies, hubby just uses a roller on them if need be and they are fine. It's something with the hair. Normally it's not a problem, most everyone is very careful to remove those kitty hairs. Don't fret about the washing and all that if you don't normally wash your fabric.
And I need to ask also, if you've received something from me, do you smell smoke? I smoked for a long time before quilting and have to admit I have slipped more than once but hubby still smokes. Not normally in the house at all but has come in with a cigarette to ask me something or get something and then leaves. You'd be doing me a favor if you tell me so I can be sure and prewash. If you don't want to post it please send me a PM Thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 AM

Jaba,
i have received several swaps from you and have not noticed any smoke smell. I am pretty sensitive to odors too. I have received swaps from others that have had to spend a bit of time out of doors refreshing but not from you.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 AM

I'm glad this subject came up. I posted something about this on another swap and was chastised for it. Thank you!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 AM

I finally found the time to just sit and read and post. Life can be so hectic sometimes.
Terriamn and rwquilts, Please accept my condolences.
I haven't finished my mr, have had to put it aside while I finish up with my SS package, which is almost finished. I have had to relearn how to do binding also. I finally put the binding on two pot holders that turned out pretty nice so now I feel confident to do the binding on the mr. All I have left is the actual quilting and binding. I should be able to get to that by next Monday.
Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:32 AM

I've had some that were smokey, some worse than others.
But as I said before, not a big deal to me.. I just wash them, press them, put them away.
I also have said when I sign up for swaps, I know it's a possibility someone smokes/lives with a smoker and or there are much loved pets in the homes...
If it was going to be an issue for me, I have the option not to sign up.

I'm also super sensitive with smells and taste. Part of my Lupus I think. So I can smell stuff pretty easy.

And, I pre wash most things anyway... as sizing in fabrics can get to me, too. But I'm not about to give up my beloved fabrics/quilting!!

I know this is a sensitive subject.. I try to be honest if asked, but I also try to not hurt feelings.. and I hope others give me the same courtesy. I grew up in a house with smokers. My mom hasn't smoked in years, was quit years before the lung cancer diagnosis. I never smoked except "2nd hand" but I respect the right of people to smoke in their homes just like I have the right to not have smoke in mine.

I'm sorry you were chastised, Klaws. That's not right. We're all grown and should be able to discuss things politely. And sometimes agree to disagree.
Regards all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-30-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

rosie, I didn't sign either, so everyone do we or don't we
Old 10-30-2014, 09:01 AM

To my SP, no worries about smoke or pets. I will just wash if there is any odors. I don't smoke, quit when I was 25 as I was going to work in the health field and thought that I needed to be an example. It was one of the hardest things to do. I have everything ready to be mailed, just waiting for the word. How fun this has been. I am thinking of going over the to pincushion swap to see what the rules are.