Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Brat, I used to buy Christmas candy the day after. I'd pull out the red for Valentines day and save the green for St. Pats. when I was at the casket co. I celebrated every holiday every month. If there wasn't something, like June or August, I'd look up an obscure one and celebrate that one. Always glittery and bright and my tree was decorated every month with designs I embroidered on the machine. There Halloween, Christmas and Valentines day were the big ones. Even talked the boss into a big icecream cake and pizza for everyone for those holidays. the more glitz, the better.I love my anniversary, b/c it marks the time with my darling Larry, My son's bd, Halloween, valentines day and Christmas. I'll celebrate anything.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:37 PM

I know I posted a tad early..... But my package has thousands of miles to travel..... And I really did not want my partner to receive later than every one else. Hopefully they will get their package in the next couple of weeks which means they only have to put it away for a little while!

hugs

Caroline
Old 11-03-2014, 04:53 PM

My favorite is also Christmas, I love everything about the holiday and it is the only time all my kids and grandkids come home.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:37 PM

I have a camera, I have a brand new computer & DH has a IPhone & I still can't master posting a pic. Makes me feel So stupid! Sooo hope SP takes a pic & posts. Ready to add binding & will be through with MR & ready to mail. Still no posts on here from her so ya'll may never see it ! Turned cold here & leaves falling like snow-So pretty! Be sure to vote Tue>Love this Swap ladies!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:24 PM

I love Thanksgiving and Christmas the most. I get to see all my kid and grandkids at the same time wait have so much fun. I have my MR & some extras ready to mail but I will wait till the end of month to send. It's going to be hard to wait but I will.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:10 AM

Christmas is my favorite holiday by far, Easter then Thanksgiving. I have posted a photo or two but believe it or not, I can't remember how I did it. Guess I am going to have to learn again as I don't think my Santee receiver person doesn't know how to post photos either and the person I have here either. Could both of them be shy? Going voting in a few.
Have a great day!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 AM

The Christmas season is my favourite holiday -- not just the day itself. I keep Advent as a quiet watching/ waiting period, then the twelve days of Christmas until Jan. 6th, then the time of Epiphany until the Feast of the Presentation on Feb. 2nd. So I get a full two months of Christmas in stages -- love it!

My second favourite is the Easter season -- 40 days of celebration from Easter Sunday to the Ascension, which for me also becomes a celebration of Spring and growth.

I've gotten a bit stymied on the mug rug. I couldn't find just the right focus fabric I wanted, so ended up ordering it. It should be here on Thursday. It was dumb to special order something just for this small project, but if it turns out like I hope it will, I might just make a lap quilt with this theme.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 11-04-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Here is a picture of my mug rug label on the binding that I told Hairquilt I would post.
Attached Thumbnails small-label-binding.jpg  
Old 11-04-2014, 09:50 AM

That is also a sneak peak of my mugrug. HEEHEEHEE! I will go in the box and go out in the mail later this week!!
Old 11-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

Love that label and the price of milk. I always love hearing the prices of items in different places.
Also love looking at old newspapers from the 60's and such. Tires for $25. Yeah, I'll take 4 of 'em!

great label.