Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-04-2014, 03:01 PM

ROFLOL.... Elizabrat sent me the name of my Mug rug partner, BUT forgot to send me her address!

I am waiting to here back from her now. And nope to have my partners "non- holiday' mug rig in the mail tomorrow.........
Old 11-04-2014, 04:31 PM

LaQuita and this surprised you? me? queen of forgetfulness? I am waiting to get it and will mail it to you asap. she is on a lot so it will be a quick turn around. phew!

well sounds like there are lot of HOLIDAY BUGS! it appears who are so like me. wanna have a HB swap? holidays only for holiday bugs ... yup that should spark some interest! Today it is incredibly windy outside. harsh hard winds. sounds like I am in a wind tunnel! its been this way all day and its getting cooler. time for the heater. heck with it. My feet are COLD! No dinner tonight too much has been going on both of us are not feeling it. cereal at most. Life is like that for sure.

tonight I will go over the list and make sure I am marking off a few, please let me know you have SENT. so I can take you off the senders list. that would be helpful. then let me KNOW you have received. hold your packages put them in a safe spot so you wont open it and let the games continue!

oh yes my sister keeps things out for the 12th night. I think she keeps them out as she likes having the decorations as it seems her stuff is out for a really long time. I always took mine down right after Christmas as my oldest was born on New Years day and wanted his birthday to be his own celebration not a combined one. I didn't like taking it down much but you know what we do for our kids I am finished with my round robin now so I can concentrate on my mug rug! yahoo! yippee! I will get it done by Friday. phew. then another two this weekend for angel mug rugs and hoping that is all we will need. I think that is wishful thinking. so if your bored and want to make a back up mug rug and little treat box feel free to indulge yourself. I know it will find a lovely home. with luck you can gift it to a friend but its nice to cover for all who are playing for real. if you have finished an extra one and want to make it avail for an angel mug rug then let me know. this way I will keep your angel rug availability in a special folder. Its easy to say you will do it but run out of time in the end. Lord knows I have done this more than a few times. then your cramming to get it done, mail it its hard! so if you have time make it now and let me know. I appreciate all the help that I can get!
Old 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Bitter sweet day. After 35 years years at my job, over half of my life, today was my last day. Extremely emotional and tons of tears but now ready to start my new adventure. Hubby is out of town so dog and I are having a quiet celebration.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

trriann, welcome to the world of unemployed, retired and disabled. You have all day to do nothing! Lets hope you get a lot of quilting done and have a happy day doing it. We all hope to see you on the board more often with picturs of your beautiful work. have some cake for me please.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:33 PM

I know how you feel terriamn. I retired after 30 years, but felt like a life time. I would have stayed longer, but our office closed here in New Orleans, and I had to work 5 more years to get full retirement. So my choice was to go to Baton Rouge, which is 85 miles north. I stayed with my Dad during the week and came home on weekends. It was a blessing to be with Dad, but it wasn't home. So the day I turned 50 I left and came home. I have not regretted it since. I've watched my grandkids for the 1st 5 years of their life, and now I'm doing the things I've never been able to do while working. don't miss the job at all. I will say, it's the people I miss.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:45 PM

I didn't want to send too early but had the mug rug done for a while now. So with Elisabrats last post it sounds like it's okay to send now (didn't want to be too early!) so I just need to get a couple things together and then I will be shipping out to my pal very soon! I am so excited and I hope they like it!!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM

ok...everyone I expect all of you who get your packages any day now to start chatting about the size of it and what could be in it. Besides...that way...maybe some of us can narrow down who has who for a partner! Sneaky thought huh! Oh...as a hint...my MR pal has the letter a in her name... not telling just yet if that is her board or real name! Have to keep the excitement going here.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
Bitter sweet day. After 35 years years at my job, over half of my life, today was my last day. Extremely emotional and tons of tears but now ready to start my new adventure. Hubby is out of town so dog and I are having a quiet celebration.
Hope you enjoy your extra quilting time!! Or QB "visiting" time...
K
Old 11-05-2014, 03:51 AM

SandyZ I have both qualifications. An "A" in both, Okay when you send, make sure you write on the outside "DON'T OPEN TILL DEC 15TH'
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 AM

Love the label with the price of milk! Sew cute. :-)