Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Love seeing all the enthusiasm for this swap! I googled mug rugs and there are a gazillion (well several) to get ideas from. Glad to see so many cat lovers too, as I am a mom to two very spoiled Blue Point Siamese rescue kitty's. Miss Brat is a great swap coordinator, she always makes the swaps so much fun.

Jan
Old 10-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

Jan, do you have pics of your spoiled fur babies. I love Siamese. had one yrs ago, Tajmin, a pretty little spoiled girl. Not as spoiled as my baby Zoey, the Russian blue. This house is hers and she lets us know periodically. If we were homeless, do you think someone would take us in and spoil us rotten??? aia don't think so. Something about ktties!

The Brat is a great hostess, thanks for hosting.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:12 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/weekend/lifestyle/two-cat-treats-you-can-bake-at-home/15291439/

I found these two recipes in the weekend section of the paper a few Sundays ago for some very tasty kitty treats. I may have to make some for my darlin' creatures. They just love anything with tuna!

Last edited by MizMelly; 10-05-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:17 PM

I think I should give some more info I like most anything just not into Halloween or Civil war fabrics. I don't have cats or dogs but a cat or dog mug rug would be fine. I like PP, Applique, pieced or anything you would like to just have FUN. Looking forward doing this swap.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Ok - I'm in. I just was thrown by the "hand quilting" statement. I'll send a PM in a little while. I really like making mug rugs as they are so easy compared to a larger item.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:28 PM

wow, just read the above postings, sounds like a very interesting group ... I do not have a large stash, but love christmas & fall fabrics. I collect cookie jars , my home is country,have a cat named Clyde and a dog named Bonnie. Bonnie is blind but smart as a whip, and such a lover.

In my FLorida house I have apple decor in the kitchen, so lots of choices for mine. hope to get somebody who likes cats, cat fabrics, and brights.

have fun kids........... almost tme to find out who our partner will be!!! put your waiting cap on............
Old 10-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

MizMelly...Zoey is a tad finicky. a tad may be an understatement. She hates tuna, and tuna juice. Only eats one flavor of her dry cat food. Loves her treats, now the Temptations. Bacon, FRESH grated parmesan cheese and sometimes marshmallows. VERY picky. Maybe if i make her something, she'll like it.

HOPEFULLY I GET A CAT LOVER TOO.I love brights alot, and have NO CAMERA, so you;ll have to take a picture. can't wait to start this one. It's a long haul till dec 15. About 2 months after mailing date for me. Oh well, off to look at more ideas. this will be like a secret Santa gift package.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Hey Brat, you must be so busy with this swap and all the great people here.
thanks for the fun.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

just spent some time pn pintrest. cute pigd chickens, and cows. such cute ideas. I'm open to any idea anyone has.
Really creative things there. been looking on google and bing also. great ideas there too.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:17 PM

Hi Lynnie, one of my former kitties (now gone over the rainbow bridge) wouldn't eat the tuna juice but did like to lick out the can. The herd I have now will come flying into the kitchen as soon as they hear the can opener. They must have a fantastic sense of smell because tuna and salmon just drive them wild!
Yes I hope I get a cat lover who likes bright colors too!!
I'm also participating in the Secret Santa swap too. Getting too old to exchange gifts with family, so this is my Christmas with my fellow quilter buddies!