Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-07-2014, 05:00 AM

oh darn its not me Kathy either! I think no one has me. that was the trick wasn't it? let her set us up, chat like an idiot and then.. nothing for the wicked. AGAIN! speaking of the word Wicked is that still a very popular word in Maine? I went there three times and everytime everyone was saying this is wicked good! lol. there is slang everywhere just wondering. Except out here. no one says much at all. Its a Wyoming thing. Silence, say what is necessary then .. silence again In CA we supposedly (this is what I was told) glossed the world over. We were nice nice about everything. I never noticed that but I suppose that if you have to be accused of saying something too nice well its not the end of the world.

I will finish those two mug rugs today and get onto my first partner here. I have not one but TWO lucky partners. lucky if I finish in time lol ok ok I will finish in time. One like a darker red and another likes brights. yup. go figure on that one! everyone here that I know of likes both because we are QUILTERS we use and enjoy all the colors though some are more our favorites than others.

Here is one for you today! (always need one for today) What is your favorite Christmas song? See I love Christmas songs so its terrifically hard to pick one. The one I think I hum the most is let it snow which is humorous because well I don't like the snow at all. so maybe I need to change mine up to let it snow.. somewhere else. yup that's the ticket. The children and I every Christmas would lay under the Christmas tree with a big blanket and we always had a huge tree big as the house would take and sing Christmas Carols. We always messed up. giggled immensely and had a marvelous time at it. My daughter does this with her man every year too. Its a good way to lighten the mood, find joy in the lights and ornaments sparkling in the night.. yup. its a marvelous way to spend your evening even if you cant sing like me, and cant remember really like me.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:50 AM

I have WAY too many favorite Christmas songs! My current favorite (because of my kids who are practicing it in choir) is The Friendly Beasts. I always cry when it comes to the sheep with the curly horns' line "He wore my coat on Christmas morn".

I tend to like the old English or European songs. Oh come, Oh come Emmanuel, God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman, Bring a Torch Jeannette Isabella.

My kids think that Dean Martin singing, Baby It's Cold Outside, is a hoot!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:57 AM

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 AM

I guess my favorite Christmas song would have to be Frosty the Snowman! I love snowmen and love to watch the old Christmas cartoons every year! My absolute favorites are The original How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Frosty The Snowman!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:53 AM

I love all Christmas songs but my favorite version is Little Drummer Boy sung by Bing Crosby and David Bowie. My favorite Christmas movies are Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Carol.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 AM

I like nearly all the Christmas music - I love to listen to Manheim Steamroller's Christmas CD's.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:07 AM

I love Christmas music. And I still know allthe words to the Sharon, Lois and Bram Christmas album.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by jeanne49
I like nearly all the Christmas music - I love to listen to Manheim Steamroller's Christmas CD's.
I agree 100% Love his Christmas music! So many great classics and arranged beautifully!!

"Silent Night" and Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" are my religious favorites...
Old 11-07-2014, 08:54 AM

One of my favorite Christmas songs is Do you hear what I hear? Not sure whether I should have put a question mark after that but I did.
Since we are snowbirds we will be at our condo on the 22nd of this month. Trying to get all my quilting goodies together to take with me. I will be mailing out my SP package before we leave.
I have one of my Bernina's there so I plan on being able to do more quilting this year. Last year I was so ill and had to have major surgery so didn't get to do anything except make yo yos.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

my favorite Christmas song is "father Christmas" by greg lake. Love the instrumental in it.
listen to it on You tube. so peaceful sounding.

It is WINDY here right now. Will be mailing soon . Monday probably.