Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by jeanne49
Not to get others upset, but it's pretty nice here in southeastern PA. The past couple of days have been on the sunny side and in the low 60's. I hate really cold weather and especially snow. When I worked I told everyone that if it had to snow I wished it would only snow on weekends, then I had no choice but to stay home and sew. Last winter was my first winter in retirement and every morning when I work up and saw all that white outside I was so glad I didn't have to go out and clean off the car, at least not early in the day.
Jeanne, my DH grew up in Douglasville, PA (Born in Pottstown). He went to high school in Birdsboro (Daniel Boone HS). The world has gotten smaller due to the internet hasn't it?

Deb (Mauger)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:39 AM

I was in Phoenix about ten years ago during winter. I laughed. It was low 70's and everyone was wearing long sleeve shirts, sweaters over the shirts and head gear and complaining how cold it was. I was from Sedona then and it was colder than Phoenix by many many degrees. average was 17 in the morning and would slowly warm up but it was cold relative. Your in my dream land my dear Mizmelly. I love AZ.

I am so happy to hear everyone mailing and getting things together! mine is sewn, now to finish an applique on them and bind and I am happy. I think I would use them. Not super fancy but such pretty fabric and its a great combo. that is your big clue. will mail mine on Monday. crossing fingers and toes it works! I hate being late on anything. argh.

what is your favorite Christmas dinner? my husband loves... tacos. He loves them so much and I cant go wrong making him those. We are alone for the holiday so no one will miss the big traditional dinner. I am not so terrifically fond of tacos myself but I tend to cook for the ones I love what are you making??
Old 11-13-2014, 06:06 AM

Ok, it is 8 degrees and snowing here in NM. People think that it is all a desert and warm but we get up to 3 ft snow in the winter. Hence the reason we go to FL. We are at such a high elevation here, we really experience winter.
My favorite dish to make for Christmas is Cranberry Pudding. It is a recipe from my husbands grandmother and it is delicious. It is simple, and is a tradition now. My box for my SP is going out tomorrow.
My hint: She has been very quiet, has only made one post and it wasn't on this board but a different one.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:22 AM

Brr, that's cold!! I love homemade rock candy and thought of making some and giving for Christmas gifts?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Christmas tradition was my mother's nut rolls. When she stopped baking them I took over. I have never seen another recipe like it anywhere. The recipe calls for 6 cups of flour and a pound of lard. Also, 2 pounds of crushed walnuts. Since all of my family is up north, I don't make them any more. They are really very good but not very healthy! Fudge was always another treat. I would make the chocolate kind and mom would make the peanut butter kind. I miss those days.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Christmas dinner is always a prime rib roast and have about 18 people for dinner. When I grew up my grandmother always had a turkey dinner for Christmas and dessert was plum pudding with hard sauce, oh how I miss that pudding! My grandparents were English and everything while at a dinner was very proper, to the point that as a child I couldn't leave the dining table until I was dismissed no matter how long or boring the adults conversation was. That is a custom that I have not carried over with my own children or grandchildren. I have been craving that plum pudding for years!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:46 AM

My favorite Christmas treat is candied yams, made with butter, brown sugar and marshmallows. Then there is peanut butter fudge. Mine doesn't have any chocolate in it, just peanut butter.
Everything is ready to mail and I am going to mail on the date that as suggested. Or maybe not......
A mug rug swap for Valentines? For Easter? For any holiday or just because? Anything sounds good to me.
Cheesehead, my childhood was the same, we didn't leave the table till we were dismissed, didn't talk at the table (children are to be seen not heard!), and NEVER late to dinner. NO EXCUSES!
I required that my children ask to be excused but they could talk at the table and just about do anything except eat with their mouths open or put their elbows on the table while eating.
It's cold here (I think the high is supposed to be in the low 30's, was 21 last night) and we are supposed to have snow this weekend. But we are used to cold here and are prepared. Cold weather means Chili and soup and the fireplace going. The only bad thing about this cold is my winter things are still packed. But then I think about those that don't have homes or a warm coat. Shame on me.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 AM

Sunrise would sure like your recipe for peanut butter fudge, peanut butter anything is right up my alley

Forgot to add, it's colder than cold here, 9:16 a.m. and it's -5. Not going anywhere today....
Old 11-13-2014, 09:07 AM

A Valentines swap is good for me I am loving these mug rugs that I never knew about before now ! Count me in Brat!

hugs

Caroline

QUOTE=Elisabrat;6965909]we could always do a valentines swap? hey hey hey! a quilty valentine plus just a couple little goodies? think about it!

I think if you mail by Dec 1st your fine. honestly. I am not ready to mail. usually the last in fact to mail on time but I do try to keep up with you all you speedy Gonzales. I am more like the slower turtle. not the one that wins the race but the slow and slower turtle (this is the one that is walking behind that fast turtle).

today I sew my next set of mug rugs. I am trying to get moving but honestly it was so cold when I woke up negative 20, that I see the sun, its gorgeous outside and still freezing. how can that be? trick sun!! its looks warm but oh no its not at all. I hardly move in the cold![/QUOTE]
Old 11-13-2014, 10:01 AM

I made a never fail fudge that got rock hard in the pan,we had to throw away the pan with the spoon stuck in it. Dh never lets me forget that one. My kids favorite is the Hershey's kiss peanut butter cookie. I love to make up a batch of cookie batter at home and take it to my daughters, then let the kids scoop out the batter and decorate them to their hearts content. Before this colored sugars use to add forever now I have to buy several packages just for them.