Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-14-2014, 06:42 AM

so glad the packages are coming in! I am still scared I will have 8 or so no shows and that gives me the shivers!

Trish your dinner sounds HUGE. omg no one could walk after that meal everyone melts to the couch! I used to hate that everyone would say oh dear I am so stuffed and go flop on the couch or my chairs in the livingroom all flopped over and stretched out. I would go into the kitchen and do dishes for 15. by hand. Not my favorite memory! I usually make a turkey, fresh cranberries with tangerines minced in them, stuffing regular old fashioned kind, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a veggie. that's it. ok and pies that I .. buy. I am tired by then! this year they don't want that so its the prime rib roast deal. bet you money however that everyone still goes out to the livingroom stuffed and me in the kitchen doing dishes again. well someone has to do them. think its part of the deal. I don't mind paper plates but not during a holiday meal. that is not going to work for me so its my own fault!

still waiting for all those recipes you guys are going to share lol... sitting here waiting.. waiting...
Old 11-14-2014, 06:57 AM

I'm mailing my mug rug today!! It's going east by mid-west!
Old 11-14-2014, 08:06 AM

My MR partner should have her pkg in a few days. It is much warmer where she lives than where I do. I like the cold but it sure seems REALLY COLD this year so far.

I would love to be a part of a Valentine Swap. I really liked making the MugRug and am learning how addictictive they can be.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by jaba
Sunrise would sure like your recipe for peanut butter fudge, peanut butter anything is right up my alley

Forgot to add, it's colder than cold here, 9:16 a.m. and it's -5. Not going anywhere today....
Jaba, I lost the original recipe but for the last two years I have used the recipe for fantasy fudge. I don't measure the peanut butter. I just add a bunch in and test it and if I like it, fine, if not I just add more till it tastes like Moms.
I hate to sound so vague but that is the way I do it.
I have the original recipe somewhere and I'll look for it. If I find it I will send it on.
Got up at 7:30, it was 12 degrees, now 31. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and Sunday. I have quilting class tomorrow morning, hope it waits till afternoon.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:04 AM

Jaba, I have a recipe for peanut butter fudge if you would like to have it.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Quickest peanut butter fudge ever is 1 cup peanut butter and 1 tub of vanilla frosting heat until melted pour into a buttered or sprayed pan let cool in fridge and your fudge is done! My sister made it for Christmas last year!
You can also use chocolate frosting for peanut butter/chocolate fudge!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:50 AM

Ok, found a similar recipe on the we that looks like the one my Mom used to make.
Peanut butter fudge

2 C. sugar

1/2 C. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

3/4 C. peanut bitter

Put sugar and milk in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil 21/2 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir till mixed well. Pour into greased pan.

Now that is what I found on the web. My Mom's was different in that she used canned milk, and a cup of peanut butter. She might of added a bit more. Instead of boiling for 21/2 minutes, she boiled to a soft ball stage.
She just pored her's into a buttered dish or pie plate, can't remember.
Hope I didn't make this confusing.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Oh, those fudge recipes sound killer good! Unfortunately that much sugar would cause a blowout if I ate some. Sigh. Why is it that all the yummy, sugary stuff isn't good for you?
Old 11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

love the sound of the pb one, may try it sounds super yummy!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Well, I did receive a box from "Guess Who" today. Based on posted information and my best guess, I think my partner was Patchesnposies. I may be wrong though...