Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:40 AM

My fudge recipe I make is the one on the back of the marshmallow creme jar. For a few years it had microwave cooking directions, too. Because much as I try, even using a candy thermometer and constantly stirring it and monitoring it, it always turns out best if I do the microwave cooking directions.

I'm not a big peanut butter person, so I prefer regular fudge...tho I'm not a big chocolate person either..
My dh loves it all!!

I prefer pecan pie, sweet potato pie, frozen lemonade pie.. homemade cinnamon rolls, homemade sugar cookies, etc...

Man, I'm hungry now!!

I just seasoned a pot of red beans I've been cooking on low in the crock pot. Tomorrow, er later today, I'll make a pan of cornbread, some skillet fries, and serve it all with brisket my son smoked and "seal a mealed". We have several pkgs of brisket, chicken breast, and pork loin that he seasons with different rubs, then cooks in his smoker and puts them in seal a meal bags. Our son and his wife buy the meats, hubby and I pay half. Our son does the seasoning and smoking, and then uses the seal a meal hubby and I bought to bag stuff up.

My lil granddaughter is not much of a meat eater, but she loves "daddy's smoked chicken and brisket.".

Recently we went to our son's on a Saturday when he was out smoking the meats.. my lil granddaughter told me, "Daddy's outside smoking.". I laughed and told her she may want to add, "smoking meats". She giggled and told me, "Well sure, Grammy!". Like what was I thinking she meant??!! Lol

K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-15-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:19 AM

Jaba, you have one great son. I love smoked meat!!! Send some this way, please???
Old 11-15-2014, 05:41 AM

Such a naughty girl Jan Rutherford, a 1000 lash's with my wet noodle. Okay, so I should put in big Bold Letters, DO NOT OPEN TILL........
Old 11-15-2014, 05:48 AM

You guys are making me HUNGRY! wow all those cookies and foods.. getting fatter by the second just reading it. sigh.

Please don't open your boxes. I know mistakes happen but be a good girl and save it for Dec 15th when we can all open it together. It also lets me know who didn't receive if by Dec 7th you haven't gotten one box let me know I will check to make sure its on the way to you. I gave extra days before opening because some mail takes forever even to say Alaska it is as slow as sending to Canada. We want to let everyone get their box first ok? please??

I love snow thumb prints (raspberry) and biscotti. they are my favorite two receipes. apricot pistachio biscotti with white chocolate coating. I just love it a little apricot brandy and apricots and chopped nuts its delicious. the thumb prints are from childhood so you know we all have a soft spot for old good time memories. gingerbread was big in my home too. now I just don't chose to eat cookies or things like that. my rear is big enough. its tough though
Old 11-15-2014, 05:54 AM

I think it's harder for my kids not to help open the box than for me. They keep telling me that no one will know. Lol
Old 11-15-2014, 06:14 AM

I love to make cookies with our 2 girls for Christmas! We make cookies every year for Santa ! This year though is different because I've been doing Weight Watchers and will not be eating very much cookies or candy! So far I've lost 35.6 since May 28th and am going for getting my 50 pound loss charm for Christmas! Our oldest daughter is 15 and our youngest is 10 but we still have fun and we also put out "Reindeer food" too! hee hee
Old 11-15-2014, 06:16 AM

Sunrise, the one with the canned milk I may try. I love a really creamy fudge, use to make the famous Million Dollar Fudge when the kids were home, they loved it at Christmas. I have a recipe from my great aunt for caramels that is delish but can't eat those anymore, 1 bite and my lower plate would come popping right out of my mouth I remember those thumbprints too Brat, my grandmother made them all the time and then she made some that were like a little pocket filled with a date filling that was pure heaven. I've tried and tried to make them but her recipe was a handful of this, 2 of that, pinch of this and this...my handfuls and pinches have turned out to be completely different. My rear doesn't need them either so I guess that's a very good thing.
Got some fantastic news last night! My step daughter and hubby have been trying to have a baby for the last 2 years, she's gone through envitro (sp)and everything you can think of....low and behold....get ready....the end of May we will be grandparents to TWINS!!. Find out the sexes sometime in January. I think I see alot of baby blankets coming.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 AM

Jaba how exciting...twins!!! Congratulations!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Kif, Your red beans, skillet fries, meat and corn bread sound like home to me. My Mom would make that meal and we loved it. She would serve minced onion with it. Just the memory make my mouth water.
Jaba, congratulations for your upcoming grand babies. Twins! Double the fun and double the love.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Jaba twins, congratulations!!!!!!!!!
just think, double quilts to make. I have twin Nephews, 13 in January. a lot of double things for sure.
have fun makings a lot of goodies.