Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) >
  • Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

• Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM

My row is finished and will be in the mail tomorrow!
    Elizabeth - I hope you can photograph and show...still have no camera or photo capabilities.
    Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM

Phew! It wasn't easy but I finally finished row#3 on Jan's RR. I haven't done too much applique, but I did my best. :)
    The worst part was that my glasses fell apart & my new ones won't be in until about Thursday!!! Thank goodness for duct tape! :lol:
    Will try to post pictures tomorrow & it will be in the mail tomorrow too.
    Old 03-31-2009, 04:40 AM

There is some beautiful work. I have noticed that these look even better in person. Sue you can do your favorite method on each quilt
    The one I'm working on now has two pieced rows and one applique, and I am adding applique, so 2 of each.. I am enjoying seeing this work up close. I would recommend a row to everyone :D
    Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 AM
    Power Poster

Great job Ladies!!! I love all of your work and I do know for sure that they always look even better in person! You are making me really jealous that I couldn't join in the fun and have to stand on the sidelines and cheer, but THAT I can do for all your wonderful talents!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 AM

2Doods... all I can say is WONDERFUL! Yummy, yummy!!!
    I love how this is coming together~! You did a great job, I am really looking forward to the finished product. All the colors look great together and it's really fun seeing the pieces incorporated, all the way from penguins to santa to snow.... And I love that purple....Thanks!!!
    Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 AM

I got the Kitties today and they are soooooo cute. I hope to get the snowmen on their way by Wednesday. I was able to do a little sewing with the machine yesterday and my knee is feeling better day by day. I do have to keep it elevated and iced most of the time. I over did it the other day when I crawled under my computer desk to restart the computer after our electricity went off in a bad wind storm. Ohhhh to be young again. LOL But I am getting better day by day and I think that once all the swelling is gone I will be good as new. I know my dog is looking forward to longer walks and my flowers are looking forward to more space when I get all the weeds pulled but I am kind of playing this layup for all I can for getting out of doing housework. DH doesn't want me to do anything that will make my knee hurt and I have a cleaning lady coming today so Life is good.
    Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
    DH doesn't want me to do anything that will make my knee hurt and I have a cleaning lady coming today so Life is good.
    Sounds good to me!
    Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM

OK, here's JanW's Row Robin. :D
    I just noticed when I downloaded the pics, that I reversed my blocks when I was sewing the pairs together! Darn!
    So....I am going to go to the Post Office at lunch time & get the postage, then fix them in class tonight & drop it in the mail after class. I can't believe I didn't notice last night when I was TAKING the pic! :roll: sheesh! When I redo it, the blocks will be from right to left: star on red, trees, package, then the single tree.

Half of the row I added...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30335[/ATTACH]

The other half!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30336[/ATTACH]

The whole thing...so far! :D
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30344[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-30335.jpe   attachment-30336.jpe   attachment-30344.jpe  
    Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 AM

I think it looks good like that :D ZYX

OK now the news...I'm done for April. This is a row for BabeeGirls' The first thing I tried worked......it's truly a miracle. Zyx....I will wait to send it :wink:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-27308.jpe   attachment-27309.jpe   attachment-27311.jpe  
    Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by LoriJ
    2Doods... all I can say is WONDERFUL! Yummy, yummy!!!
    I love how this is coming together~! You did a great job, I am really looking forward to the finished product. All the colors look great together and it's really fun seeing the pieces incorporated, all the way from penguins to santa to snow.... And I love that purple....Thanks!!!
    LoriJ-
    I'm glad you like it! It was fun once I wrapped my head around the larger block size. It was good for me to have to re-think!
    DH was having a fit over the purple but I told him you had it in your first row and it needed to come down. I put it on the end just in case you wanted to swap it out for another block. :lol: I thought the blue need to come down too. Half way there!

It went in the mail today to purplemem. She should have it in 2-3 days.