Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) >
  • Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

• Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 AM

[quote=2 Doods]OH Margie! I hope you take care! {{{{HUGS }}}} What a day you had! :cry:

Thanks two Doods I appreciate the hugs...I need them right now.

Margie
    Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Margie I hope you feel better soon. Goodness that was top award for "Bad Day"

I just got the snowman row today....ricken racken fricken fracken mailman woke me up. Good GAWD dont he know I had only been asleep 2 hours :x
    Then Johovia witness came 30 mins later, then the phone rang 3 times in an hour half then Landlord comes an hour later ..........Not meant for me to sleep today. I do have to say the JW here are ALOT more polite then in NC. As soon as they saw me they were so sorry they woke me and they will not come by again so early ever again....I dont agree with what they believe but I do give them credit for spreading the word and trying to gain followers.

The row is awesome now to think about what to add. I have all these plans and somehow they are MY plan NOT the quilts.....oh well I have some cute snowmen fabric just have to think how to use it. Maybe get it out and let it talk to me??????
    Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MsSage
    Margie I hope you feel better soon. Goodness that was top award for "Bad Day"
    Thank you...just hope arm gets stronger and less painful so I can sew. Good luck with you row...since I cant sew, maybe I can sit and look at mine and plead with it to come up with ideas so hopefully next week (with luck) I will get it done quickly

Margie
    Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 AM

I'm afraid I will be a little late with this row also, but I will get it out ASAP
    Old 04-24-2009, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    Okay from now on anyone that is sending a Row out in the mail needs to insure it and add a tracking number. I know it adds an extra step, but if it helps to make sure all the quilt tops arrive safely back to you then so be it.

As for the insurance the $100 min. should do it. Nothing is going out of the country for this Robin so we'll be fine there. Sound fine to everyone?
    Just reread this post and from past experience, I found it very difficult to prove value for payment by the USPS or UPS. Do you have any tips on this? Knock on wood none have been lost so far. I think posting each row helps to have a photo trail, but I don't see everyone posting photos.
    Old 04-25-2009, 03:14 PM

Here is Sues. I have added the last row and its going home
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-26842.jpe   attachment-26846.jpe   attachment-26851.jpe  
    Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 PM

Wow Ruth! That's Wonderful! I'm so glad to see it! :D

I'm sorry some of you are having trouble. Hopefully you Margie, are feeling better and recovering without any complications from the dog bite. Please everyone try to have your rows completed by the end of the month, there is still nearly a full week left.

Jan here's the math for proving the value of a lost row.

Fabric $20 (depending on where you bought it the fabric can be way more, I understand that)
    Each completed row has 12 hours worth of work in it (at the min. for most rows) 12 hours at $6.55 (federal min. wage some states are higher) is $78.60 in labor per row
    A top lost now has a remake cost of at least $350.

Anyone that runs into trouble with a lost row should contact me right away and I will provide hard numbers, and anything else you need.
    Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Here is colletakay's 4th row. I'll mail it Monday or Tuesday:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-25590.jpe  
    Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 PM

[quote=Elizabeth A.]Wow Ruth! That's Wonderful! I'm so glad to see it! :D

I'm sorry some of you are having trouble. Hopefully you Margie, are feeling better and recovering without any complications from the dog bite. Please everyone try to have your rows completed by the end of the month, there is still nearly a full week left.

quote]

So far my rows have been out on time, It was a severe bite If I am unable to sew, I will certainly try to get help from someone so this one will be too

Margie
    Old 04-25-2009, 05:01 PM

I love how its turning out!