Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Hugs & Kisses  ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!! >
  • Hugs & Kisses ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hugs & Kisses ...DONE, DONE & DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM

The 2nd one looks as lovely as the 1st one Terri! Great job :thumbup:
    I like the sound of the varigated quilting too. If it was me, I would go for binding, but that's only because I had a disasterous time both times I attempted to pillowcase quilts! LOL However you do it, I'm sure it will be wonderful :D:D:D
    Old 05-29-2009, 10:32 AM

Coming along nicely.......what a lot of work you have done, and with the water problems too........you go girl.
    Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 AM

You all should be very pleased with your fine work.
    Terry will have many jewels in her crown for her loving attention and leadership in this endeavor.
    It has been most interesting to see how things progressed from all around the world.
    Good job, everyone!
    Old 05-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Oh Terri, it looks so awesome! You are doing a fantastic job, wish we could help more! uhmm, in the photo, fifth row down from top, hmm, am i seeing it wrong maybe, i think that row should start with x? not an o? :) I think the quilts are gorgeous with or without a border, way to go, your doing a great job!!! :)
    Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 PM

:D Terri, Quilt looks great! You have worked very hard on these...Thank you!
    Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
    Power Poster

Terri...if I were you, I would finish them up which ever way is the easiest. They are gonna look great no matter what :lol:
    Old 05-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Barb M
    Oh Terri, it looks so awesome! You are doing a fantastic job, wish we could help more! uhmm, in the photo, fifth row down from top, hmm, am i seeing it wrong maybe, i think that row should start with x? not an o? :) I think the quilts are gorgeous with or without a border, way to go, your doing a great job!!! :)
    Yes, Barb, you are right!
    Got it! See? That's why I post a picture so others can see what I'm NOT seeing. :) :)
    Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Originally Posted by Barb M
    Yes, Barb, you are right!
    Got it! See? That's why I post a picture so others can see what I'm NOT seeing. :) :)
    Very very cool Terri, hope we caught it in time :) I do exactly that too, i take a photo, then put it up on the pc, and then oooh, it will hit me something is wrong...god i love my digital camera lol. Terri, i think you are doing such a wonderful job of this, and i think do anything that works the best for you, and that you find pleasing. I've never pillowcased a quilt, but Patrice has talked about it many times that she does, so if it's good for Patrice :) :) :) And because i, and prob others have never pillowcased, i dont know if machine quilting is as easy to do with pillowcase, or more difficult, and i've seen your tied quilts look so loving too. So i think whatever way is best for you and gives you the most pleasure. Also, i sent 5 sets, only because i didnt know that So many would take part! And so definitely if you have too many squares, i'm glad for you to take several of mine out, and just use my extras for any other project you like :)
    Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 PM

It's still just pinned....nothing sewn yet. Got some housework to get done. Actually, I'm thinking the local restaurant down the street and a couple beers would be better. lol
    Once I get a couple beers in me, especially the dark beer, I'm good for about another 30 min and then it's "Good night Irene"! lol

Pillowcasing is REALLY easy!
    You just put the backing down, right side up, then the top down facing the backing (backside of top would be facing up. Then the batting on top. Pin it all and "zip" around it. I usually put about an inch and half "hem" around it....leave an opening about 6 inches. Pull it all right side out...make sure ALL pins are out! Then I smooth it all nicey-nice. I'll sew up the "hole", then quilt it or tie it. Once that is done, I will sew around the entire quilt about 1/2 inch in. Looks almost like a binding, but it's not.
    Old 05-30-2009, 03:33 AM
    Power Poster

Terri...that sounds like a plan!