Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • I'm new to this - when does the next Int'l Round Robin start? >
  • I'm new to this - when does the next Int'l Round Robin start?

• I'm new to this - when does the next Int'l Round Robin start?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 AM

I'd love to participate in the next International Round Robin. How do I get on a list, or learn when it starts? I can't tell from the posts that are on the Round Robins now.
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:34 AM

Don't know as of yet.
    I have thought about maybe starting one once this one is done, but no way I could participate in it since I will be moving in the spring of next year.
    Someone else MAY decide to do another one tho.
    Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 AM

Hello and welcome from Pittsburgh, PA :D
    Old 07-07-2009, 11:39 AM

I take it that it's quite the job to organize??
    Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
    Power Poster

I was thinking today that I would start a new one in the next month or so. I need to do some checking with the "powers" on the board and then think about how to do it. These have gone pretty smoothly and were set up well, but

Do we want to do large quilts or wall hangings?

Do we want to do some type of theme quilts or just stick with everyone starting with whatever we want?

Or there are other options also....anyone want to throw in some ideas? I don't mind heading it up if there is much interest in doing it. So??????
    Old 07-07-2009, 01:02 PM
    Power Poster

I have been looking at the pictures coming in of the present roune robin, and they are all stunning, and so different. I don't know if I would be up to it.
    Old 07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
    Power Poster

Lacelady, there are all skill levels involved in these quilts. You just do what you are comfortable doing is all.

But, considering that some feel that way is one of the reasons I am considering maybe doing some smaller groups for wall hangings.
    Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lacelady, there are all skill levels involved in these quilts. You just do what you are comfortable doing is all.

But, considering that some feel that way is one of the reasons I am considering maybe doing some smaller groups for wall hangings.
    Well, I might be up for that, if you are up for organising it. I think I will feel more comfortable about signing up for this if Quiltwoman approves of my efforts with the Doll Quilt swap.
    Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Well, I might be up for that, if you are up for organising it. I think I will feel more comfortable about signing up for this if Quiltwoman approves of my efforts with the Doll Quilt swap.
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Quiltwoman will feel really good about your efforts on the Doll quilt swap :lol: Really...we had all skill levels from beginners to really advanced in spread throughout the 4 groups that did the RR. They have all come through with outstanding efforts each time and to tell the truth, I think we all learned something with each round. And of course, there is plenty of help available here on the board for everyone. :lol: Don't worry right this minute, just think about it for when the next one starts.
    Old 07-07-2009, 03:56 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Quiltwoman will feel really good about your efforts on the Doll quilt swap :lol: Really...we had all skill levels from beginners to really advanced in spread throughout the 4 groups that did the RR. They have all come through with outstanding efforts each time and to tell the truth, I think we all learned something with each round. And of course, there is plenty of help available here on the board for everyone. :lol: Don't worry right this minute, just think about it for when the next one starts.
    OK, I'll watch this space, and thank you for the boost re my doll quilt swap.