Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics >
  • International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics

• International Round Robin, Round 6 Discussion and pics

Old 09-04-2009, 04:49 PM
    Power Poster

OH YIPPEEE!!!!! OH WOW!!!! Its gorgeous!!! I got it and I just can't believe how gorgeous it is in person!! Everyone...thank you, thank you, thank you! It is spectacular! DH was even really impressed...he couldn't believe that people I have never met in person would work so hard on a quilt for someone they've never met.....DUH.....he just doesn't get it, but I do...AND...I HAVE ME quilt HOME!!!!

I even know how I want to quilt it...thats really saying something. Unfortunately, I have to make it a UFO for just right now...I've got to finish up some things. I have to make a trip to my LQS for backing fabric too....that thing is huge! DH said, "I'm not sure we can afford to buy that much fabric for the back!!"...He was kidding, but it is huge..now how in the heck am I gonna get that baby quilted on my little Bernina????

Thank you again everyone...I just love your work!
    Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
    Power Poster

Elle..I have a question, but first I must say that no one but Terri can really see how incredible that embroidery is!!! Awesome is the work Terri used and she was right...it is! Now, my question Elle is...can I wash it? What will happen to all the texture that you put into those flowers? I'm planning to quilt around it to make it really "pop"....but at some point I will need to wash that huge monster....what do you suggest?
    Old 09-04-2009, 07:02 PM

Oh, Patti, I'm glad you got it safe and sound!!
    It is beautiful, huh?
    The embroidery that Elle did is just, well.....hard to put words to it.
    And yes, it's HUGE!!!
    Did you get the other piece of fabric in there?
    I put, I think a yard, which should be enough if you want to bind it with the same grapes that I used. Or, you can do whatever you want with it. I thought I'd share. :)
    Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 PM

Hi Everyone,
    I know everyone is getting excited to get their tops back, I know I can't wait to see mine.
    I have finished the one I have (about a week and a half ago actually) but I've been sick all week with the flu or really bad cold so its still sitting downstairs. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it off tomorrow or not, if not it will be the middle of next week with the holiday.
    But I hope when it finds itself to your doorstep you'll like and find a good home for it.
    I put a very simple border on it as I didn't want to distract from all the beautiful work that was done. I hope you like it.
    Muriel
    Ak. Angel
    Old 09-05-2009, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle..I have a question, but first I must say that no one but Terri can really see how incredible that embroidery is!!! Awesome is the work Terri used and she was right...it is! Now, my question Elle is...can I wash it? What will happen to all the texture that you put into those flowers? I'm planning to quilt around it to make it really "pop"....but at some point I will need to wash that huge monster....what do you suggest?
    Patti, that silk embroidery is fully washable, you wonīt have a problem with it, so donīt fret, suggest a cool wash, but wouldnīt thik you would put a quilt on anything else :D

I am so glad you like it, you have made me day, and yes it was huge even without Terriīs border.

Elle
    Old 09-05-2009, 04:46 AM

i looked at Patty's again and wow, it is just too stunning!!!! I would have to find an empty bed to lay it on so I could look at it all the time and not feel the heartbreak of folding it up!
    Old 09-05-2009, 05:36 AM
    Power Poster

Yes, Terri I did get the extra fabric...thank you so much! I might try to make some pillow cases to go with the quilt and this would be so helpful. I forgot to thank you in all my excitement about the quilt itself :oops:

Elle, thanks for the info about the washing. I just really really don't want to chance doing any damage to it. I sure would love to learn to do that...its beautiful!

Steph, you just can't believe how pretty that thing is in real life...I'm sooo glad I decided to put on the big girl pants and participate in this IRR...I was so scared! But now look at my beautiful baby! :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Hi Colletta,
    Just a note to let you know your quilt is going out tomorrow after I get off work. Its boxed and and ready to go. Hope you like it.
    Muriel
    Old 09-08-2009, 03:32 AM

yay!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Old 09-08-2009, 05:06 AM
    Power Poster

And I can't wait to see a pic of it!!