Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
    Banned

i started to make my center today. i have an easy 2 weeks ahead of me and i wanted to get a jump on it.
    Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Wow, I'm just now catching up on 6 pages of posts!! so glad to see so many participating. I have to say that if my quilt comes back with a border that **some** would say is not perfect, or not quite as advanced as the other work, I will LOVE it, and all that went into it. We are all Quilters and each of us knows the effort, time and love that goes into what we do, no matter what it looks like when we are done. So with that, whatever surrounds my original piece will be labors of love to me, for me and I will treasure it. I hope that helps you understand, Ducky & others, that this is truly meant to be fun and not a competition. I know I have nowhere near the level of skill that so many others have, but I am hopeful that my contributions will be appreciated and given a good home!!

That said, I'm thinking of some sort of "world peace, world justice" type of center...(since I'm a laywer, and it's for me, I want something meaningful). Problem is, there is nothing really out there. If anyone has any design ideas, I'd surely appreciate it! I was thinking of a world globe with the scales of justice inside...but I'm just not that creative or advanced to make it! Help Mr. Wizard!!
    Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 PM

Oh my goodness... I haven't even thought about mine yet! lol

Well, I've thought about it, but still don't have a clue what I'll do!
    Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 PM

You and me both. I keep flipping through a mental catalog of blocks and thinking... no.... no.... not that.... no.

I have no idea yet.
    Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i started to make my center today. i have an easy 2 weeks ahead of me and i wanted to get a jump on it.
    at that rate you're going to have all the rounds done and waiting for the quilts to show up!!! :P
    Old 07-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by mamabird3
    Originally Posted by b.zang
    Mamabird, you can work on my baby.

Just remember you said that when you get yours back... lol I feel like doing the happy dance.

I want to be in your group.
    How is it possible to be so nervous and excited all at the same time!!
    Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'm jealous! I WANNA PLAY!!!
    <grabbing Patti's shirt sleeve and blowing nose>
    hi Terri, would be great if you could play, is there no way (Thinking hard here) This is going for 12 months, surely you could get in quite a few rounds. Even if at one point we hung on to your quilt until you were settled then sent it to your new address for when you could start again. Heck I donīt know it would be so good.

Elle
    Old 07-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    You and me both. I keep flipping through a mental catalog of blocks and thinking... no.... no.... not that.... no.

I have no idea yet.
    Join the club of "canīt think what to do". did have an idea but think I am pushing myself on that.
    Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Wow, I'm just now catching up on 6 pages of posts!! so glad to see so many participating. I have to say that if my quilt comes back with a border that **some** would say is not perfect, or not quite as advanced as the other work, I will LOVE it, and all that went into it. We are all Quilters and each of us knows the effort, time and love that goes into what we do, no matter what it looks like when we are done. So with that, whatever surrounds my original piece will be labors of love to me, for me and I will treasure it. I hope that helps you understand, Ducky & others, that this is truly meant to be fun and not a competition. I know I have nowhere near the level of skill that so many others have, but I am hopeful that my contributions will be appreciated and given a good home!!

That said, I'm thinking of some sort of "world peace, world justice" type of center...(since I'm a laywer, and it's for me, I want something meaningful). Problem is, there is nothing really out there. If anyone has any design ideas, I'd surely appreciate it! I was thinking of a world globe with the scales of justice inside...but I'm just not that creative or advanced to make it! Help Mr. Wizard!!
    Very interesting. Have heard Klue saythat there are fabrics of the world globe out there, then you could applique. If you donīt applique you can always photocopy the scales of justice onto fabric (we can help with that) cut out the scales and sew it on the globe. Any good ?????
    Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent
    I guess I need to appologize that I didn't formally say that I wanted to play. I just sent a PM to Patti, then let my manners go on vacation. It dawned on me that most of you don't realize I'm going to do the RR.
    As long as you are in. Great to have you play

Elle