Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:20 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
    Oh for corn sake I hate standing on the shore all alone. Move over duckie and Ninnie I am jumping in between you two (unless you threw up in the pool). I am in for USA/Canada only.
    Well done K, another one for the list.
    Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by saravincent
    It would be fun to enclosed a postcard from your local most famous attraction with where your quilt took a trip to. I would then share where my quilt top has been. How about we all try that!

I have my fabrics picked out, pressed, templates ready, and clearing out my current project on the sewing table. (Finishing the put-together for my black/white blocks that I didn't share). I'm anxious to begin!
    Goodness Sara, You are well ahead of the game. I am still at the thinking stage.
    Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'm jealous! I WANNA PLAY!!!
    <grabbing Patti's shirt sleeve and blowing nose>
    hi Terri, would be great if you could play, is there no way (Thinking hard here) This is going for 12 months, surely you could get in quite a few rounds. Even if at one point we hung on to your quilt until you were settled then sent it to your new address for when you could start again. Heck I donīt know it would be so good.

Elle
    Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and play. I'll keep a machine back and have that shipped at the last moment. Will have to keep my mat and cutter too. No problem....we have something like 1000 pounds for our express shipment.
    Only thing I ask....I am willing to ship international, but would feel ALOT better if someone sending to me was stateside.

I can work out the details with whoever is sending to me when the time comes for my move.

So....what ya think? Am I throwing a wrench in or do you think we can do this?
    Old 07-15-2009, 03:29 AM
    Power Poster

hi Terri, would be great if you could play, is there no way (Thinking hard here) This is going for 12 months, surely you could get in quite a few rounds. Even if at one point we hung on to your quilt until you were settled then sent it to your new address for when you could start again. Heck I donīt know it would be so good.

Elle
    Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and play. I'll keep a machine back and have that shipped at the last moment. Will have to keep my mat and cutter too. No problem....we have something like 1000 pounds for our express shipment.
    Only thing I ask....I am willing to ship international, but would feel ALOT better if someone sending to me was stateside.

I can work out the details with whoever is sending to me when the time comes for my move.

Gotcha!!!! And boy I'm glad!! My sleeve and shirt tail was getting nastyyyyy! I think we'll be able to work it out with no big problem. If you need to skip a round or so...we can have a temporary stand in for you so the rounds stay within the right timing for mailing. When you get settled, we'll start mailing to you again. How does that sound?

I've got all your info and listed it except a phone and I have that somewhere....could you send it again please?
    Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 AM
    Power Poster

I read the ideas of adding little somethings to the packages and I love the idea...please think about the additional weight that you might be adding though and just use something very light. Postcards are great (but I live in a tiny place and its famous for.........nothing :roll: ) And, there is nowhere here to get postcards...but I'll come up with something close enough :wink:

Please don't include lots of extra center fabric if it is something that others will be able to find locally...it will cost too much to send it along. I'm not trying to throw a monkey wrench in the fun...really.... :D I just want to make sure that everyone can afford to play because the more that play, the more beautiful quilt pics we get to drool over!!:lol: :lol:
    Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    could send an envelope, or a pouch made with their center fabrics, for people to put a memento in if they want to. Include a card with the fabric swatches, manufacturer, collection, fabric numbers, etc.
    Pam, thats a really cute idea too!....Think small momentos guys....! :lol:
    Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

That said, I'm thinking of some sort of "world peace, world justice" type of center...(since I'm a laywer, and it's for me, I want something meaningful). Problem is, there is nothing really out there. If anyone has any design ideas, I'd surely appreciate it! I was thinking of a world globe with the scales of justice inside...but I'm just not that creative or advanced to make it! Help Mr. Wizard!!
    I think you might be able to come up with something if you google images of scales of justice, etc. Just set it to view clip art and you will find all kinds of pictures that you can choose from. You can trace them for applique. Oh...I just thought..I'm going to go look on the shophop site for you. You might want to start a thread here on the board about specfic fabric you are looking for...some of these ladies on the board are real fabric hounds!!! They can sniff out what you are looking or if it exists!!! :lol:
    Old 07-15-2009, 03:43 AM

Oh Patti...I'm still going to use your sleeve and shirt tail..no worries there! :) :)

I'm sure we can get it to work out and I hopefully won't miss anything.
    Now....hmmm....gotta figure out a center square......
    Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 AM

Elle

YEA, super, thats really good news. Will work it out somehow.

Another one Patti.

Elle
    Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 AM

On the present IRR (just about to finish) I wanted to make a special label and did think of flags for all the countries/states in my Group. However I didnīt, but there is another idea for you to think about.

Print the small flags from your printer and then copy onto fabric, neat

Elle