Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:10 PM

Now ya'll got me thinking I might do two too!! Hmmmmmmm....maybe one US/Canada and one International...I'm thinking, I'm thinking... :shock:
    Old 07-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    I'm still trying to get one sorted, although I know what I want to do.

Is anyone any better at maths than I am?
    I want to do my centre on point, and then do the triangles on each side to make a 24" finished centre.... How big does my on point square need to be?

How about I say I'll do 2 only if you need the internationals to even up the numbers. I'll then see on the 15th August whether I'm in for one or two?
    Your centre square is 17 1/2" unfinished... 17 finished. And your triangles you need to cut two 12 7/8" squares and cut them both once on the diagonal to get your setting triangles. Your finished block will be 24" square. :-)
    Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

I want to do my centre on point, and then do the triangles on each side to make a 24" finished centre.... How big does my on point square need to be?

How about I say I'll do 2 only if you need the internationals to even up the numbers. I'll then see on the 15th August whether I'm in for one or two?
    Your centre square is 17 1/2" unfinished... 17 finished. And your triangles you need to cut two 12 7/8" squares and cut them both once on the diagonal to get your setting triangles. Your finished block will be 24" square. :-)
    Npw you have me worried. I planned to do my centre block on point, but I have designed it as a 24" square on point. Am I wrong to do that? I need to know soon, as I started doing it tonight. It's not the end of the world, I would just have to reduce the design I have done, and shrink it to fit the 17" space.
    Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm trying very hard not to sign up to 2....

Bets on how long I can hold out for?
    Please do, it would be great we need a few more of the international girls to make it work well.

Elle
    Old 07-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Npw you have me worried. I planned to do my centre block on point, but I have designed it as a 24" square on point. Am I wrong to do that? I need to know soon, as I started doing it tonight. It's not the end of the world, I would just have to reduce the design I have done, and shrink it to fit the 17" space.
    Lesley no problem, the next person will add the corners and that will be their round 1. You have gotten on with it, well done. Donīt put on the triangles, that will be the 1st round okay. Elle
    Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Originally Posted by Lacelady

Lesley no problem, the next person will add the corners and that will be their round 1. You have gotten on with it, well done. Donīt put on the triangles, that will be the 1st round okay. Elle
    Phew, sigh of relief, I have been sitting here wondering if I could actually do this design that much smaller. As it is, I am being a tad adventurous, but nothing daunted eh? By the way, well done for all the more recent sign ups that are going to do two. I take my hat off to you.
    Old 07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
    Banned

ok guys

now the pics start - i have the ground work done on my center. this block isn't squared yet.

i have to square it up, then i'll put a thin frame around it about 1/2 inch, then i want to put a border with a NY beauty block at every corner.

do you think i'm pretty :oops:

paper pieced self portrait
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38894[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-38894.jpe  
    Old 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM

Wow -- that's just awesome Klue -- and yes, I think you're gorgeous!
    Old 07-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Wow Klue! That is...GREAT! I was lost for words for a moment there, it's so GREAT!
    Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Klue, that is sooo awesome! Wow, you amaze me. Beautiful, beautiful.