Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM
    Power Poster

Oh wow!!!! I'm panting for breath! Ya'll give me a little while to update the list at the beginning of the thread ok? I'll get it all updated tonight. I'm soo happy to have so many playing! Its gonna be so much fun, you will all love it!
    Old 07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh wow!!!! I'm panting for breath! Ya'll give me a little while to update the list at the beginning of the thread ok? I'll get it all updated tonight. I'm soo happy to have so many playing! Its gonna be so much fun, you will all love it!
    I just looked at the beginning, 33 signed up? Wooo Hooo! That's fantastic. Does that include all the people who are doing 2? How many quilts are going to be zipping around the world altogether?
    Old 07-20-2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Originally Posted by suzic46
    This sounds so exciting - I'm very interested, what do I need to do?
    You need to pack up ALL of your stash and send it to me. Once I recieve it, I will give you further instructions........
    you DID want it sent C.O.D. correct? :lol:
    Old 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by suzic46
    I signed up! I'm so excited! Never done this before, so I'm not quite sure I fully understand how it works. I think it goes like this: I make a center, send it to other groups to add to it, I receive centers and add to them and send them to another group. Is that right? If so, I'm gonna love this!! How fun! :?: :?: :D
    You make a center, you send it forward to another quilter who is going to make the next border ... you will receive a center, put the second border on it (which everyone in your group will have received someone else's center to put the first border on) ... from there, it gets a little spicier!
    Your next task will be the second border, then the third, until eventually, you will have actually completed a complete quilt, one border at a time on five different quilts + your center.
    Doesn't that sound like fun????? <g> Of course you will do FINE! And, we are glad that you are excited. Everyone else is, too!
    Sort of like: We are in this thing TOGETHER! :wink:
    Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM

I'm debating over landscape art center or traditional pieced center. Hmm one I've never done and the other I've done a lot of. I used to paint with oils and have quite a few landscapes with animals, bears, elk, deer, wolves. Oh, can't wait to take the 40 mile trip to the closest LQS & purchase new material.
    Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM

I am thinking that about a hundred years ago, my SIL asked his wife to make him a quilt. She handed him a book, and out of fifty easy blocks, he picked the fifty first one - - a carpenter's wheel ... and, it is fitting, since he started his work career as a carpenter ... is even a pretty good one when he gets the chance ... so, I am thinking I will make a carpenter's wheel center for the boy. I was sooo impressed with that block, that I have been able to remember how many pieces there are in it! and! where the pattern is in any number of ten different books! - - LOL
    have just never had a reason to accomplish the deed, so I am really thinking NOW is the time!
    THen, I signed up for a second RR, just trying to be helpful, so I am thinking, and still thinking what to do for the center on that quilt.
    Question!
    The carpenter's wheel is square ... I prefer rectanglular (is that a word???) quilts ... so, what would some suggestions be to take the square and add to it to create the center rectangle?
    Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Maybe add flying geese on two sides.
    Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
    Banned

I'm betting were at 50 at least!
    Old 07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
    Power Poster

OK ladies...I've updated the list at the beginning of the post. We have 38 so far and an addition of 6 more that either want to do 2 groups or could if necessary to get the numbers right. Thats a lotta quilts!!!! :shock: And thats just soooooo far...sign up doesn't close for a while yet.

Please look for your name...make sure I haven't missed you and then make sure I have you listed correctly. I can get confused you know with this much information. I'm trying to keep it straight, but please correct me if I have you down wrong. Oh...and forgive me too :oops:
    Old 07-20-2009, 05:43 PM

How exciting!!

I have another question...... you must be getting sick of questions! ;-)

The deadline date for posting, does everyone post on that date, or do some send them off early?