Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
    Power Poster

ok, I will do a US/Canada, if you need me to!
    Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    How exciting!!

I have another question...... you must be getting sick of questions! ;-)

The deadline date for posting, does everyone post on that date, or do some send them off early?
    It probably would be best to wait until at least close to the actual mail date. We don't want to pressure someone to get started on yours when they haven't finished their own center yet. Further along...it is possible to get them piled up on someone if we start mailing early, so we found it best to wait or at least ask the next person in your group if they are ready for it :wink:

And...no, we aren't sick of questions....yet :wink: :lol:
    Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Gotcha! Elle....you get this?
    Old 07-20-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    How exciting!!

I have another question...... you must be getting sick of questions! ;-)

The deadline date for posting, does everyone post on that date, or do some send them off early?
    It probably would be best to wait until at least close to the actual mail date. We don't want to pressure someone to get started on yours when they haven't finished their own center yet. Further along...it is possible to get them piled up on someone if we start mailing early, so we found it best to wait or at least ask the next person in your group if they are ready for it :wink:

And...no, we aren't sick of questions....yet :wink: :lol:
    I am SO glad you said that! lol I know some people are super keen and organised, but I'm not one of them sadly.
    Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Gotcha! Elle....you get this?
    I got Ninnie for another round. Thanks Ninnie for signing up again.

Elle
    Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by omak
    I am thinking that about a hundred years ago, my SIL asked his wife to make him a quilt. She handed him a book, and out of fifty easy blocks, he picked the fifty first one - - a carpenter's wheel ... and, it is fitting, since he started his work career as a carpenter ... is even a pretty good one when he gets the chance ... so, I am thinking I will make a carpenter's wheel center for the boy. I was sooo impressed with that block, that I have been able to remember how many pieces there are in it! and! where the pattern is in any number of ten different books! - - LOL
    have just never had a reason to accomplish the deed, so I am really thinking NOW is the time!
    THen, I signed up for a second RR, just trying to be helpful, so I am thinking, and still thinking what to do for the center on that quilt.
    Question!
    The carpenter's wheel is square ... I prefer rectanglular (is that a word???) quilts ... so, what would some suggestions be to take the square and add to it to create the center rectangle?
    I did a Carpenter's Wheel for the first IRR. Check out the pictures. Everyone has done an excellent job on my quilt and I can't wait to see what the final round is!
    Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by omak
    I am thinking that about a hundred years ago, my SIL asked his wife to make him a quilt. She handed him a book, and out of fifty easy blocks, he picked the fifty first one - - a carpenter's wheel ... and, it is fitting, since he started his work career as a carpenter ... is even a pretty good one when he gets the chance ... so, I am thinking I will make a carpenter's wheel center for the boy. I was sooo impressed with that block, that I have been able to remember how many pieces there are in it! and! where the pattern is in any number of ten different books! - - LOL
    have just never had a reason to accomplish the deed, so I am really thinking NOW is the time!
    THen, I signed up for a second RR, just trying to be helpful, so I am thinking, and still thinking what to do for the center on that quilt.
    Question!
    The carpenter's wheel is square ... I prefer rectanglular (is that a word???) quilts ... so, what would some suggestions be to take the square and add to it to create the center rectangle?
    Omak, as long as your rectangular is any of the 2 sizes listed in the Rules there should be no problems with anyone adding on their round.The only suggestion I have is what someone else said add something to the top and bottom of the carpenters wheel to make it rectangular.

Elle
    Old 07-21-2009, 04:49 AM
    Power Poster

omak, you could just add a little section of the background fabric to 2 of the sides or top and bottom. That would be easy!
    Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

I've just read every page of this thread and....if you'll have me I'll be in it! Yes, I know I said no when SOMEONE asked me but reading everyone's posts about nerves and being afraid of messing up someone else's quilts and not having time and postage costs and all the other excuses i came up with NOT to say yes, all answered by Elle and Patti - well, I said to myself 'don't be such a wuss, Kathryn, you'll be pig sick when you start seeing all those lovely quilts growing borders!' So I'm in - if you still want me! Internationally, obviously, I'd be pretty lonely doing a French one on my tod! :D Just read that though again, should i hit 'submit'? YES, I DID it! :lol:
    Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    I've just read every page of this thread and....if you'll have me I'll be in it! Yes, I know I said no when SOMEONE asked me but reading everyone's posts about nerves and being afraid of messing up someone else's quilts and not having time and postage costs and all the other excuses i came up with NOT to say yes, all answered by Elle and Patti - well, I said to myself 'don't be such a wuss, Kathryn, you'll be pig sick when you start seeing all those lovely quilts growing borders!' So I'm in - if you still want me! Internationally, obviously, I'd be pretty lonely doing a French one on my tod! :D Just read that though again, should i hit 'submit'? YES, I DID it! :lol:

ROFL

welcome !