Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh, I love the close-up of that tree! It's a painting, isn't it? Huh!
    Yes, it's a painting I did a couple of years ago. I "saw" the tree one day while I was meditating and then it took me a long time to figure out how to paint it. It's hanging in my kitchen.

I like anything made up of little joined together pieces, quilts, stained glass, mosaic, etc. :D

Please gang, stop tempting me to try to do it as my centre - I'm a beginner quilter and I've never done any kind of applique! Besides, I wouldn't begin to know how to do the black lines... My cheap little Brother sewing machine doesn't have any embroidery stitches...

Jan
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:06 PM

ai731 if you won't be satisfied with the tree now save it for a future RR you will learn applique in the meantime
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:10 PM
    Power Poster

You could use a black fabric marker for the lines. Ok, no more, but when you are ready, it will be beautiful!!
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
    Power Poster

I got my fabric map of the world today, and it is great. I just wanted to say that I don't mind how far across the planet my quilt goes, - the further the better for me. I am going to track its travels across the map and use it as part of my backing.
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I got my fabric map of the world today, and it is great. I just wanted to say that I don't mind how far across the planet my quilt goes, - the further the better for me. I am going to track its travels across the map and use it as part of my backing.

Would you mind posting a picture of it, I've been thinking about ordering some, but can't really tell on line how it looks. Thanks!
    Old 07-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
    ai731 if you won't be satisfied with the tree now save it for a future RR you will learn applique in the meantime
    That's what I'm going to do. My quilt guild is going to start doing applique Blocks of the Month after Christmas, so I'll get to learn (or at least start to learn) then.

Jan
    Old 07-23-2009, 05:59 PM

I have on e i want to use and it will be easy so i thought i might do a center using characters from looney toons i would have to do what i want as an applica there is no material but looney toons ohas a copy right don't know what tpo do???
    Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM

OK, not to tempt you, but you ought to try that pattern with fusible applique and satin stitch in black thread. Not for the round robin if that seems too intimidating. Perhaps just try a branch and a few leaves and turn it into a potholder. I just have a Brother and a 28-year-old Kenmore and both do a very decent satin stitch. It's not that hard once you get started...just need to practice to get it smooth. I've been working on applique myself and I love it.
    Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by chewboo
    I have on e i want to use and it will be easy so i thought i might do a center using characters from looney toons i would have to do what i want as an applica there is no material but looney toons ohas a copy right don't know what tpo do???
    chewboo, I am positive that all the Looney Tunes characters are not only copyrighted, but licensed as well...however, you can always purchase some fabric with those characters on them...and then use them in any way you would like. I'm sure that there are shops that sell them..do you have a specific character you would like? maybe some of us can help you find something.
    Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
    Power Poster

I am loving all the center ideas. Wish I was as far along as some of you are!!! :D :D