Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
    Okay, okay...I'm starting to stress out as I cannot figure out what to do...

Part of me wants to do a black background with various brights but I"m not sure what?? Other than that, I have not found my way with this project.

I have a half completed center but I am just not happy with it...ah, tomorrow should be a better day................
    I like your avatar, what about that? Or something similar based on ...wrought iron? ...celtic designs?...some other 'ethnic' culture?
    Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Changing the subject (as is my will) has anyone seen the new Bernina 830, woo hoo hoo that is some machine its 40" long to start with. Heaven only knows how heavy it is (they forgot to mention that part). anyway donīt think I will ever be able to have one :mrgreen: not unless I win the Lottery and it all but sews things for you. Did I tell you its 12,000$.
    I mean I could buy a new car for that.

Elle
    You could buy a Gammil long arm and have $3000 change too. I know which one I would prefer, but that's probably because I already have the 730 - yes, I know I am very lucky. It was my retirement present to me, because the UK government took so long to start paying my my pension, I had well over half of it in one lump sum at the finish.

The Bernina 830 is just awesome -- but $12,000???? Yep, you could buy a new car for that amount. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I would buy the big "Happy" Embroidery Machine. It's about twice as fast as the 830 and it has more than 1 needle (I'm thinking 6 needles -- but don't quote me on that....) And I have a Bernina 200 (which I bought used) and a Bernina 440QE which is just a workhorse.....I think maybe I really do need that Happy Machine :D
    Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 AM
    Banned

if i have a spare 12,000 i'm putting it towards my vacation home and not a bernina.
    Old 07-26-2009, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    if i have a spare 12,000 i'm putting it towards my vacation home and not a bernina.
    Yep me too :D
    Old 07-26-2009, 07:34 AM

Changing the subject (as is my will) has anyone seen the new Bernina 830, woo hoo hoo that is some machine its 40" long to start with. Heaven only knows how heavy it is (they forgot to mention that part). anyway donīt think I will ever be able to have one :mrgreen: not unless I win the Lottery and it all but sews things for you. Did I tell you its 12,000$.
    I mean I could buy a new car for that.

Elle
    You could buy a Gammil long arm and have $3000 change too. I know which one I would prefer, but that's probably because I already have the 730 - yes, I know I am very lucky. It was my retirement present to me, because the UK government took so long to start paying my my pension, I had well over half of it in one lump sum at the finish.
    Funny how the Government always manages to take a long time paying pensions out. They took 1,000īs of pounds of tax off me that was wrong, I got it back eventually, but I suffered because of it at the time.
    Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 AM

Part of me wants to do a black background with various brights but I"m not sure what?? Other than that, I have not found my way with this project.

I have a half completed center but I am just not happy with it...ah, tomorrow should be a better day................
    I like your avatar, what about that? Or something similar based on ...wrought iron? ...celtic designs?...some other 'ethnic' culture?
    Thanks. My avatar is one of many blocks for another quilt--would hate to remake it. I "purchased" one of my kindergartener's artworks as a quilt block. It's smaller than the requirements so I'd have to add an initial border to get it to 12.5 x 12.5. It's a 6 year olds version of his "self-portrait"--would this be too personal to submit to a round robin? Opinions?
    Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 AM

Yep me too :D
    LOL!! More than my 4 years of college, more than my first car, more than the car I bought yesterday! How funny is that??
    Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 AM
    Banned

Thanks. My avatar is one of many blocks for another quilt--would hate to remake it. I "purchased" one of my kindergartener's artworks as a quilt block. It's smaller than the requirements so I'd have to add an initial border to get it to 12.5 x 12.5. It's a 6 year olds version of his "self-portrait"--would this be too personal to submit to a round robin? Opinions?

my center is a self portrait and some people did PM the ladies in charge saying they don't know how to deal with my center whiles others don't have a problem with it.

i'm sure with the number of people involved there will be a group for everyone and their centers.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:39 AM

Lacelady, I can't imagine why you couldn't use the portrait. It has been my understanding that we make the center we want. I wouldn't think there would be restrictions other than size. I so very much love Klue's portrait center -- in fact, I've already been seriously thinking about what border I would put around it. :lol: :lol:
    Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 AM

my center is a self portrait and some people did PM the ladies in charge saying they don't know how to deal with my center whiles others don't have a problem with it.

i'm sure with the number of people involved there will be a group for everyone and their centers.
    I'd be happy to work on peoples self portraits and more unique creations as long as they are happy to have me PM about suggestions if I get really stuck....

Admittedly I could get stuck for inspiration on any centre and need to PM the owner.