Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 AM

Just found out about this. Would love to do it, have the design and fabric, time to do it (I think) once school starts in the fall, but the cost is a bit scary since I am not working and we are budgeted pretty tight. Of course I would love an international quilt, but may have to opt for good old USA. I'll let you know.
    Sounds really fun and exciting, plus you get to meet so many new friends.
    Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Mamabird, you can work on my baby.

I am both excited and nervous, taking this on. It will be fun getting a squishy package regularly, and I'm already anticipating all those pictures as these creations grow.

Plotting us all on a map is a good idea for keeping this a "round" robin rather than a "zigzag" robin. I look forward to meeting my group quilters.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
    Just found out about this. Would love to do it, have the design and fabric, time to do it (I think) once school starts in the fall, but the cost is a bit scary since I am not working and we are budgeted pretty tight. Of course I would love an international quilt, but may have to opt for good old USA. I'll let you know.
    Sounds really fun and exciting, plus you get to meet so many new friends.
    Hi there, would great to have you join us, however International does work out a little expensive as you said, but you can join the good ole US of A.

Please PM either myself (butterflyspain) or Sandpat with the following details, Name, address, Telephone No. and just confirm again that you want USA to save us checking back on this thread. also Please do read the rules that Sandpat put out, think its on page 2 or 3 of this thread.

Okay Welcome
    Old 07-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
    Mamabird, you can work on my baby.

I am both excited and nervous, taking this on. It will be fun getting a squishy package regularly, and I'm already anticipating all those pictures as these creations grow.

Plotting us all on a map is a good idea for keeping this a "round" robin rather than a "zigzag" robin. I look forward to meeting my group quilters.
    Gotcha B.zang, thanks for joining us.

Elle
    Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
    Power Poster

I've been reading these posts regularly - am I right in thinking that there might be enough people involved for two international round robins, as sell as USA?Canada one? It's just the impression I have formed, but there seems to be quite a lot of enthusiasm, which is lovely. I have spent the afternoon trying to draw what I would like to make in my centre block. I wish I was a better artist!
    Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I've been reading these posts regularly - am I right in thinking that there might be enough people involved for two international round robins, as sell as USA?Canada one? It's just the impression I have formed, but there seems to be quite a lot of enthusiasm, which is lovely. I have spent the afternoon trying to draw what I would like to make in my centre block. I wish I was a better artist!
    Hi well we have a lot of enthusiasm. At the moment we have enough for
    2 Groups of 6 International and 1Group of 6 USA/Canada We could do with another 4 International ladies please then we can have 3 groups of 6 for International

We have some still to come and its open ladies until the 15th August to join us that is the last date you can join in so cīmon, its going to be great

Elle
    Old 07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    2 Groups of 6 International and 1Group of 6 USA/Canada We could do with another 4 International ladies please then we can have 3 groups of 6 for International

We have some still to come and its open ladies until the 15th August to join us that is the last date you can join in so cīmon, its going to be great

Elle
    That's fantastic Elle, great news. The only drawback I can see is that I won't get to have a border from everyone. If I did, then our quilts would end up the size of football pitches!
    Old 07-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Hello,
    Would I be able to join this? I am in NY and would love to do international if I could. Thanks so much!
    Old 07-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Elle[/quote]

That's fantastic Elle, great news. The only drawback I can see is that I won't get to have a border from everyone. If I did, then our quilts would end up the size of football pitches![/quote]

The ones we have been doing at the moment are Queen size and really lovely. Football pitches we canīt do. :D :D :D
    Old 07-13-2009, 03:01 PM
    Banned

you could always make a few centers and be a part of each group :D

it would be a lot of work but it could be done.