Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!! >
  • International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

• International and USA/Canada Round Robin II GROUP INFO is OUT!!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Blue...I'll have to think about how to help you out on that. To list a discussion thread, then a pic thread for all groups for every round would be 120 threads! I think we would be discouraged from taking over the entire board...but maybe I can think of something...I DO see your problem!!
    Cripes, I don't want to be responsible for taking over the board! LOL

Would every round need a thread or could we just have one thread for each group, for pictures *and* discussions? That's only ten threads. Still a lot, but better than 120.
    Old 08-04-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Blue...I'll have to think about how to help you out on that. To list a discussion thread, then a pic thread for all groups for every round would be 120 threads! I think we would be discouraged from taking over the entire board...but maybe I can think of something...I DO see your problem!!

Would every round need a thread or could we just have one thread for each group, for pictures *and* discussions? That's only ten threads. Still a lot, but better than 120.
    This is what I was thinking also Blue. That way we could check our group only if we're pressed for time but still check out what the other groups are doing if we have some time to kill. Its up to the powers that be though.
    Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by collettakay
    Originally Posted by BlueChicken

This is what I was thinking also Blue. That way we could check our group only if we're pressed for time but still check out what the other groups are doing if we have some time to kill. Its up to the powers that be though.
    I'm still thinking...I haven't talked to any "powers that be"..but I was thinking that if we did it that way you would have to wander through reams of posts and pages to get to the current rounds...I wonder just how long they would get?
    Old 08-04-2009, 04:02 PM
    Power Poster

Even with just one thread for all the quilts per round, it will get aweful long in just a day or two, You figure 60 quilt pictures alone, plus the participants, and then the rest that are commenting on it, I see many many many pages in a very short period of time. If each group ha d their own, and posted on it, your notices that there was stuff being posted would start you where you left off, not at the beginning, And maybe a moderator or two will change the title ever so often to say what page the new round starts at.

Or, I know 120 sounds like a lot, but it would be 10 every two months or so, not all 120 all at once. 120 at once would flood the board, we would be spreading it out over the course of the RR.

Something to think about, Not my call though.

I am so excited, I am going in circles with my center though.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:57 PM

what about a thread per group
    Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    I was just wondering if we should send the authorities to Guam looking for all of the "lost" quilts. Hmmmmmm.

Terri, I couldn't resist a little fun since you are always trying to keep every quilt you see.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

A thread per group could work - that would be six threads, right? Couldn't we ask for them NOT to show up on recent topics but only in Swaps? I wonder if that is technologically possible? Then they wouldn't 'annoy' the non participants? Just an idea! :D
    Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 AM

A thread per group could work - that would be six threads, right? Couldn't we ask for them NOT to show up on recent topics but only in Swaps? I wonder if that is technologically possible? Then they wouldn't 'annoy' the non participants? Just an idea! :D [/quote]

We have got 10 Groups so that is 10 threads, Patti is going to ask Patrice for help on this one. We have 10 groups of 6 so there will be 60 quilts winging there way around the world exciting heh.

Elle
    Old 08-05-2009, 02:41 AM

I am a nonparticipant but I want to watch this so I would like them to show up in Recent Topics.

I am currently finishing up 2 rounds and felt like I needed to take some time off and concentrate on some of my own projects. BUT I still want to see what everyone else is working on.

You are all doing such a great job and I know how much fun this is. I don't look at it as too many topics or flooding the board. I love it. It is fun even for those of us not participating and I am looking forward to each and every post.
    Old 08-05-2009, 04:07 AM
    Power Poster

What about if we had 10 threads, one for each group, and that could include pics and discussion. Then we could check our own group thread, and dip into the others as and when. Would that be workable? Right at the end of the whole project, we could then have one big picture thread for all the finished quilt tops, so everyone could see them easily.
    Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 AM

going to ask my question again did not get answer

OK OK OK i an terrioble i have never labled my quilts can anyone post a pic of what they have use on other IRRs so i hve some idea what to do