Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

• International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:38 AM

Yes that's the way, stop looking at pics, and start believing in your abilities:)
    Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    Laurie,
    Don't worry, your not alone. I don't applique either. Only last week I was reading a book all about designing borders. Was very interesting. Now if I could just remember which one it was?
    I too am a little worried about the embroidery and appliqueing as I don't know how to do either.

Looking at the centre blocks so far, I've started to panic myself which has resulted in my thinking it might not be such a good idea for me to continue looking at pictures :lol:

Maybe1day
    I dont do applique or embroidery either, and this will be my 4th round robin.
    I either piece blocks, or find the 'right' fabric(s) to use for border strips, and noone has complained yet!
    Old 08-14-2010, 03:45 AM

I don't applique or embroidery either, I think we will do fine as long as we do our best at matching the fabs and sew a straight line. This is my first round robin too, and I am a little nervous.
    Old 08-14-2010, 04:17 AM

If we are making labels to go with our centers, what size should they be?
    Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM

WOW Terri, you have loads of people to organize. Can I be of any help to you, I am here if you need me. Also if someone does drop out you can let me know.

I am loving everysingle one of the blocks so innovitive. I particularly love the Asian fabric one, but I am a sucker of Asians as Terri know so well.

From experience I can tell you that when you receive your block to work on hang it where you can see it and it will talk to you if you havenīt at first got any idea what to do.

Remember if its appliqued YOU donīt have to do applique thats the fun part about this you can paperpiece, machine or hand embroider, I even did some ribbon embroidery on a couple I had, so the sky is the limit.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Elle
    Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 AM
    Power Poster

Yeah...I'm wondering for those of you panicing because you say you don't know how to applique or embroider...who told you you HAVE to do that????

You do whatever you choose to do...quit all that worrying! :D
    Old 08-14-2010, 06:53 AM

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! DO NOT DO ANYTHING you are not comfortable with. Applique IS NOT a requirement. If you cannot applique or embroider, DO NOT DO IT!! No where in the rules does it state you HAVE to!

No worries Elle.
    I'll let you know if I need you. Thanks for volunteering.

As of right now, there are 13 groups. A couple more people signed up so I think there is only 1 person doing 2 centers. I had a list of names for those that wanted to do 2, and said they could IF I needed them to fill in on another group.

Should have groups out by Monday.
    Old 08-14-2010, 06:56 AM

Laurie,
    Don't worry, your not alone. I don't applique either. Only last week I was reading a book all about designing borders. Was very interesting. Now if I could just remember which one it was?
    I too am a little worried about the embroidery and appliqueing as I don't know how to do either.

Looking at the centre blocks so far, I've started to panic myself which has resulted in my thinking it might not be such a good idea for me to continue looking at pictures :lol:

Maybe1day
    I understand the feeling of panic.The work I see here is so above what I have done,it will be a privilege to work on these and hopefully learn something new.
    Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jodimae
    I don't applique or embroidery either, I think we will do fine as long as we do our best at matching the fabs and sew a straight line. This is my first round robin too, and I am a little nervous.
    Me too!
    Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM
    Power Poster

Laurie,
    That's the fun thing about the RR - you can add what you CAN do. If applique or embroidery is not your thing, don't do it. THAT simple! There are some things I'm no good at and I know I would not do a piece justice if I were to use it as a testing ground. (Except my own center of course, lol)