Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

• International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 PM

One hint I learned this year was to use a priority mail box for the overseas and Canada. I think a box does better than an envelope. Envelopes get all scrunched and that scares me.
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 AM

Here is a thread for everyone to post their center block so we can all ooh and aaah over them

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59819-1.htm#1453683
    Old 08-17-2010, 08:50 AM

is there a thread for group 14 yet?
    Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM

I'm almost done with Group 14. Just waiting on one more reply and should have it later today.
    Stay tuned!
    Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM

GROUP 14 IS OUT!
    Old 08-17-2010, 01:27 PM

I was just checking out some of the new group threads and have one request:

Point persons, would you mind listing who's in your group somewhere near the beginning of your thread?

It's nice to see that up front especially as so many "visitors" to the thread begin to make comments on all the beauteous pictures. Later on with pages and pages of posts, it can be difficult to remember who the participants are. Thank you!
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
    Power Poster

And the excitement builds! Thanks for that new center thread Terri!

Terri makes excellent points about mailing either too early or too late. I can tell you all from experience that when you get all excited and mail it really early...it can easily get lost in someone's sewing room...they will put it aside (with really good intentions)...but knowing that it isn't "due" for awhile...it gets pushed and pushed...then a panic will set in when it can't be found. This past year, I monitored all the groups closely and I realized that most of us don't work on them until the last 2 weeks before they are due to be sent out...so thats normal. Just something to consider. :D:
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I was just checking out some of the new group threads and have one request:

Point persons, would you mind listing who's in your group somewhere near the beginning of your thread?

It's nice to see that up front especially as so many "visitors" to the thread begin to make comments on all the beauteous pictures. Later on with pages and pages of posts, it can be difficult to remember who the participants are. Thank you!
    I updated our thread for group 4.
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 PM

While I understand the concept behind the too early or too late mail out, I also know my postal system. It is hit and miss at times for me as I have often had mail sent in the same state which still takes 10 days to find its way to me. Sending international then has me a little worried for sending late. Would rather send early myself, so until I have a feel for sending international I think I will probably send at least a week earlier.

Have been considering how I am going to "work" this swap and am thinking that I will allow the first week after receiving it to let the piece sit there for me to look at and think about before I will head off and look for what fabrics I think will enhance the design. then I will get to work on it as soon as this is sorted out. Really don't like leaving things till the last week or two as I will then feel pressured and may not do my best work. As the pieces aren't really mine, I want to do the best I can.

Cheers
    Maybe1day
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM

I know what you are saying Maybe1day. Our postal service in Canada is unpredictable. For example: 2 weeks to deliver a letter that is a 2 hour drive from me. It does make me nervous. If you pay the extra money and get a tracking number, the computer does not update tracking information until days after it has already been received, so you don't know where it is in transit.