Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up--  SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!!  GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL! >
  • International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

• International/ USA/Canada Round Robin III Sign Up-- SIGN UPS CLOSED!!!!!! GROUPS BEING E-MAILED, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Same here, I received a letter 9 days after it was posted in a town which is a 20 minute drive from where I live. Why? because instead of having a local post box, all mail goes into the one box and is then sent up to the city for re distribution. Double handling and more costly in my opinion, no wonder the post is so expensive these days.
    Even so, 9 days when i can drive up to the city and back in one day with time to spare, is ridiculous.

Maybe1day
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
    Power Poster

I'm sure that Terri can advise you on some of the International shipping issues. As far as timing, the 1st mailing will be a really good test that you can use as a rule of thumb. In the past it has seemed to be taking 10 days or so from France/Spain to the US....Canada has been running 2 full weeks plus a few more days in some cases....Australia has been taking 12-14 days... this is to Tennessee... just as FYI..
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM

That is handy to know, thank you. This means that if post continues to run true to form then the centre should arrive approximately a week after the send out date. Not bad.

The last package I received from the US took almost 3 weeks, so I have been working on this scenario.

Maybe1day
    Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 PM

By all means....Those of you in Canada, Europe and Australia, mail early so we can see how long it's taking. We don't want something that will take a month to arrive somewhere bogging down a group.

US mail takes about a week from one coast to another, depending on holidays. So, that's not a worry.

Just those of you with International addresses, go ahead and send a few weeks early if you can.

Those 14 people who are mailing to those in Canada, Europe and Australia, go ahead and mail yours a week or so early so we can get a feel for the mailing times.
    Old 08-17-2010, 09:09 PM

somewhere, someone posted a link or something-or-nother about borders..can someone direct me to that post? Thank you
    Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 PM
    Power Poster

I was wondering if we could rename our individual group threads to be more in-line with each other? I just adjusted group 1 to be like group 10's title. (Just to see if it would make a difference) Much easier to find now IMHO.
    Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 PM

Will let them know about the request to send early, for shipping info, but I know one is still working on her center, since Sept 15 ship date, will request dates as these come thru to track timing.
    Most here are US with a Jump to Canada. I can understang the time concerns, Just hate to see anyone have to rush thru, and not be happy w/the results.
    Even with mailing this gives a 4-5 week window to work on. (I can see now why the 2 mo between rounds).
    Happy Quilting !! :)
    Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 AM

Just so you know, I received a block posted from
    Los Vegas, post marked August 11th, arrived this morning in Aust, 18th August.That's only 7 days.Go figure.
    Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 AM
    Power Poster

Hey Mad....when the virtual section gets set up it won't make any difference...but for using "search" it makes a HUGE difference. There are so many threads now...from the original, IRR2 and now IRR3...it seems that the virtual is the way to go. You are right...making the titles the same (except for group #'s makes a ton of sense.

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I was wondering if we could rename our individual group threads to be more in-line with each other? I just adjusted group 1 to be like group 10's title. (Just to see if it would make a difference) Much easier to find now IMHO.
    Old 08-18-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
    Just so you know, I received a block posted from
    Los Vegas, post marked August 11th, arrived this morning in Aust, 18th August.That's only 7 days.Go figure.
    That was quick. Although I am not in this IRR, I ordered some goods from America and that only took 5 days, so the American Post can take a bow.

Elle